Maybe it s all about letting it go

commenter39

Haven t been here for a while.And i m back with a thought.Here we go
All the things worry us, our expectations from life, from girls:) ,our fears concerns, ones we don t like, girls doesn t feel the same for us(or boys)...
Maybe it s about just letting it go.And i don t mean to give up by it.I mean those things shouldn t worry us that much, shouldn t take our taste of life away.I can guarantee that another oppurtunity, another person another city maybe all of them will be waiting for us.So i think we should try to let it go...

twiggle

I think you have a good point.

I've found that, with the kind of things I get anxious about, it's sometimes easier just to leave it to nature to see how things work out. There's only so much we can do. I know I do my best at most things but I can't control what happens beyond that, I can't control what people will think or say, I can influence it at most, but that's it. People are complex, it's almost an impossible task thinking you can work them out and make sense of the world.

Just do what you enjoy, and try to enjoy as much as possible - explore more of what life has to offer, because the more things you gain pleasure from, the more sources of joy you have, and the less pressure you put on a couple of particular things to make you happy. To do all of this can be quite liberating. In fact, I'd say, very liberating.

Last edited:

mikebird

Banned
YEP!! ::p:

I'm always in & out of passion

Too much on my mind, too many worries.

When one good thing happens - :) sunshine! Or I make some money, all aspects of life are UP!! :D

MollyBeGood

great point and so true. Grasping to things is what makes us miserable, be it ideas people, anything...

true freedom is letting go of everything. Life teaches us this when we loose a relationship for example-get your heart broken...love again...

I agree many things with SA can be made easier by just "letting it go".
It is unfortunate that it is so hard to do this for some people, after years of negative patterns being ingrained into our brains though.
I recently read a great piece written by someone explaining the problem of devoting so much time concentrating on the negative things in our lives, we can miss the opportunity to enjoy any positive things (even if it is just a small few).

Roman Legion

Reminded me of a Tyler Durden quote.. "It's only after we've lost everything that we are free to do anything."

MollyBeGood

Reminded me of a Tyler Durden quote.. "It's only after we've lost everything that we are free to do anything."

yeah I was happiest when I was considering living alone in the woods with nothing but nature which was also my lowest point financially and having no status in society.

da_illest101

If only thinking about something was as easy as doing it. I do agree that it does work, but it's not something I'm able to do all the time or when I need to

commenter39

I think you have a good point.

I've found that, with the kind of things I get anxious about, it's sometimes easier just to leave it to nature to see how things work out. There's only so much we can do. I know I do my best at most things but I can't control what happens beyond that, I can't control what people will think or say, I can influence it at most, but that's it. People are complex, it's almost an impossible task thinking you can work them out and make sense of the world.

Just do what you enjoy, and try to enjoy as much as possible - explore more of what life has to offer, because the more things you gain pleasure from, the more sources of joy you have, and the less pressure you put on a couple of particular things to make you happy. To do all of this can be quite liberating. In fact, I'd say, very liberating.
It s funny that u expressed what s in my mind better than myself:)
And to the ones think it s not always that easy just to let it go: I know but i also know that it s hard coz we think it s so.No kidding i mean it.There are few things in life that is irreplecable.And the else? No big deal.Doesn t matter another friend another job another lover another city.And i m sure we all once cried for something were desperate about it and now looking back we realize it didn t matter at all and we blame ourselves for those times we ve lost, don t we? :)

Roman Legion

狼;595928 said:
yeah I was happiest when I was considering living alone in the woods with nothing but nature which was also my lowest point financially and having no status in society.

I was fascinated by Transendentalism in high school..

twiggle

It s funny that u expressed what s in my mind better than myself:)
And to the ones think it s not always that easy just to let it go: I know but i also know that it s hard coz we think it s so.No kidding i mean it.There are few things in life that is irreplecable.And the else? No big deal.Doesn t matter another friend another job another lover another city.And i m sure we all once cried for something were desperate about it and now looking back we realize it didn t matter at all and we blame ourselves for those times we ve lost, don t we? :)

I'm generally happier if my mood isn't dependent on a particular person or place/job/thing.

I've cried over a lot of people and things in the past and so often I look back and notice that in the grand scheme of things, those specific things, whilst meaning so much at the time, are not much more than a little ripple in the big ocean of life. Of course, it's harder to realise that at the time though.

But yes, generally I think an open mind and a varied lifestyle helps.

Boby

Yes I was thinking at the same thing but the other quote poped into my mind: "Losing all hope is freedom" but it's pretty much the same.

Boby

Ok ,speaking of fight club quote I found an interesting article:

"The more freedom you have in life the happier will you be. I strongly believe that in order to reach the top in life – you need to hit rock bottom first. You just have to be down there if you want to get the willpower and motivation to climb to the top of “Mountain Success”. All of us feel like **** from time to time, all of us feel when life get’s though and hard, and sometimes we feel like “it can’t get worse then this” (and then it starts raining J ), but seriously – do we know what the bottom looks like? There is always someone living a harder life then you are… so stop whining. I hate people that whine all the time. Especially men that are whining… they’re pathetic.

One day, if you really hit rock bottom – you will start losing hope. You will try to fix your life, but somehow, nothing will work – and then it might happen that you lose all hope – as many people do. At that moment you will stop giving a damn about what other people think of you, and in general you won’t give a **** about bull****, or anything else. You just won’t give a ****. This is both good and bad. Bad – because you gave up, and good, because you will be free from social conditioning, you will be free to do anything, ‘cause you have nothing to lose – it can’t get worse than it already is. (or so you think).

This is a great feeling, I’ve been there a few times, and it really made me free, I felt like I could do anything… I just didn’t care what anyone thought of me, I didn’t stress myself over stupid things most people do. This is one of my favorite Fight Club quote… If you start from the bottom you will be 10 times more motivated to get to the top, then someone else that started from the middle and is already more or less comfortable in his life…,"