Maybe it isn't all that bad afterall

montejocarlo

Just today, I've seen too many lovely people in the forum. It's a shame how much wisdom and warmth is lost in the society because of SA. I've been in various communities, both physical and virtual, but I've never seen a bigger collection of people with honest sensibility and humane view of life. If I am to have those qualities, maybe being socially anxious is a small price to pay. I have friends, neighbors, and acquaintances who are very outgoing. And I know a few things about them: First, they would ask, "how are you?" But they won't really listen to your answer. They're too excited to get on with their own story to care. Second, only a few of them would feed a stray cat. Third, they don't care that the human race is killing the earth. Fourth, their butts are glued to the norms.

I really hope that these social problems we have are a mere stage we all need to go through on our way to our full potential. The world needs us. Perhaps our hypersensitivity has a purpose in this world of indifference.

MikeyC

I love your optimism about us but let me assure you that the world certainly doesn't need me.

Also stray cats run away from me. If that's not proof I don't know what is. ::p:

montejocarlo

I love your optimism about us but let me assure you that the world certainly doesn't need me.

Also stray cats run away from me. If that's not proof I don't know what is. ::p:

awww... I'm sure the world needs you. You make me smile with your posts for one. And stray cats runaway from me too. lol. I just leave food some place where they can see it when they sneak back in.

doubtmyself

Banned
Perhaps our hypersensitivity has a purpose in this world of indifference.

I often think that too. It's not so much that we lack the sensitivity to communicate well. It's more that our radar picks up all the unnecessary static that interferes with the message.

Just today, I've seen too many lovely people in the forum. It's a shame how much wisdom and warmth is lost in the society because of SA. I've been in various communities, both physical and virtual, but I've never seen a bigger collection of people with honest sensibility and humane view of life. If I am to have those qualities, maybe being socially anxious is a small price to pay. I have friends, neighbors, and acquaintances who are very outgoing. And I know a few things about them: First, they would ask, "how are you?" But they won't really listen to your answer. They're too excited to get on with their own story to care. Second, only a few of them would feed a stray cat. Third, they don't care that the human race is killing the earth. Fourth, their butts are glued to the norms.

I really hope that these social problems we have are a mere stage we all need to go through on our way to our full potential. The world needs us. Perhaps our hypersensitivity has a purpose in this world of indifference.

I'm so happy that you signed up here on this forum. People here are kind of like you, so your welcome anytime if you have any problems :)

EscapeArtist

What a beautiful thread. Hypersensitivity is it :) It is a gift. You are a beautiful person

How is the Phillipines by the way? All the Phillipino people I meet here in Canada are so nice and humble, and the ones I meet online are equally so. I don't know what it is about them

OceanMist

I think it may have to do with the passive attitude that shy people tend to have.

Passive people tend to be more calm and slow to anger. It's a good quality to have in certain situations.

Unfortunately, it doesn't mix well with society when one is too passive. It leads to the problems that people like me have.

MikeyC

Passive people tend to be more calm and slow to anger. It's a good quality to have in certain situations.

Unfortunately, it doesn't mix well with society when one is too passive. It leads to the problems that people like me have.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.