Malaysian with SAD

Canres

I am a Malaysian with SAD, temporarily living in Japan now. I found several Malaysians posting in this forum, but it was quite some time ago. If you are Malaysian or Japanese struggling with SAD and would like to talk to someone with the same condition, you are very welcome to drop me a message. I have been hiding my SAD from everyone I know, so you can imagine that my life is almost solitary, so it would mean a lot to me to be able to speak honestly about my feelings with people who understand it.

Lavinialuna

I don't know of any Malaysians that have been on here lately, but I wanted to say hello so you know there are people here listening. There are lots of people here who understand :) Welcome

Canres

I don't know of any Malaysians that have been on here lately, but I wanted to say hello so you know there are people here listening. There are lots of people here who understand :) Welcome

Thank you so much. It's really good to know that I am not alone. Have been living with this for so long and really don't know how to make things right again.

Lavinialuna

Thank you so much. It's really good to know that I am not alone. Have been living with this for so long and really don't know how to make things right again.

There are a lot of good ideas floating around in the forums, it's great to hear how different people got good results. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions :)

Canres

I do have a question. I just got my first prescription of clonazepam. The doctor told me it's gonna make me feel a bit sleepy and that's all. But I am a bit afraid to take it. Will it have a long term effect on our ability to concentrate and think?

Lavinialuna

I do have a question. I just got my first prescription of clonazepam. The doctor told me it's gonna make me feel a bit sleepy and that's all. But I am a bit afraid to take it. Will it have a long term effect on our ability to concentrate and think?

No, it's fine. It works by blocking the stress hormones, it's very helpful. Try taking half of what they prescribed to see how that works for you. If that isn't enough, take the full dose. If you only take it with anxiety it shouldn't make you too sleepy (at least it doesn't for me, but everyone is different.) Only take it when you need it. Taking it once won't damage you. :thumbup:

Canres

No, it's fine. It works by blocking the stress hormones, it's very helpful. Try taking half of what they prescribed to see how that works for you. If that isn't enough, take the full dose. If you only take it with anxiety it shouldn't make you too sleepy (at least it doesn't for me, but everyone is different.) Only take it when you need it. Taking it once won't damage you. :thumbup:

Thank you so much for sharing. Really appreciate it.^^

Canres

How to make yourself happy when you have anxiety all the time? I feel like I am going backward each day. Every now and then, there is one more thing I add to the list of the situations I try to avoid. Each day my phobic thoughts are planted deeper into my mind. How to get out from this cage of mind?

Lavinialuna

How to make yourself happy when you have anxiety all the time? I feel like I am going backward each day. Every now and then, there is one more thing I add to the list of the situations I try to avoid. Each day my phobic thoughts are planted deeper into my mind. How to get out from this cage of mind?

I am not a Dr and all I have is my personal experience, but for me I found that my anxiety is my body telling me something is wrong with me physically. It was a distress call. My symptoms of dread seem linked to stomach issues (heartburn, gerd, chronic gastritis.) When they were bad, the anxiety was at it's worst, and when I got them under control, the dread and anxiety was significantly reduced.
I take diatemaceous earth (to kill yeast and parasites) and apple cider vinegar. I also take pro-biotics. It may not be the answer for everyone, but it has helped me.
I hope you find some answers.

MotherWolff

Banned
I am a Malaysian with SAD, temporarily living in Japan now. I found several Malaysians posting in this forum, but it was quite some time ago. If you are Malaysian or Japanese struggling with SAD and would like to talk to someone with the same condition, you are very welcome to drop me a message. I have been hiding my SAD from everyone I know, so you can imagine that my life is almost solitary, so it would mean a lot to me to be able to speak honestly about my feelings with people who understand it.

Hi Canres, and welcome to The World of Social Phobia.:giggle:

Sorry, I am not Malaysian or Japanese(although sometimes I wish I were Japanese:crying:)

But I want you to know you are very welcome to talk to any of us, ok? That is what we are here for. So sit back, relax, and have a chat with the coolest people on Earth: Social Phobians.:thumbup:

Last edited:

milo001

Hello I'm a Malaysian. Penangites to be exact. Glad to see another Malaysian here. It must be hard for you to live in Japan alone. My Social Phobia is so severe that I didn't worked for years. It'll be impossible for me to be living alone overseas.

Canres

Thank you for your words of comfort, Lavianialuna and Motherwolff. I was in low spirit, especially the last couple of weeks.
Milo, thank you for leaving me a message. It's really good to finally meet someone from my home country. Before I found this forum, I always thought I am the only Malaysian with anxiety issues. I have never heard of people having anxiety when I was back in Malaysia. Well I didn't experience much anxiety when I came to japan, now it is getting worse and it's really hard because I don't have anyone I trust here to share my feelings. How are you doing right now?

Canres

Today I needed to show someone how to do something. It was only for a few minutes. But the horror and intense anxiety within those few minutes made me feel so bad. Heart pounding so quickly and I couldn't think properly. I know many people in this forum probably have the same experience, but god, I just need to say it all out.

Lavinialuna

Today I needed to show someone how to do something. It was only for a few minutes. But the horror and intense anxiety within those few minutes made me feel so bad. Heart pounding so quickly and I couldn't think properly. I know many people in this forum probably have the same experience, but god, I just need to say it all out.

When I am experiencing that sort of anxiety I catch myself holding my breath. I have to tell myself to breathe! No wonder some of the horrible dizzy sick feelings happen! You should make sure to tell yourself to breathe too :)

Canres

When I am experiencing that sort of anxiety I catch myself holding my breath. I have to tell myself to breathe! No wonder some of the horrible dizzy sick feelings happen! You should make sure to tell yourself to breathe too :)

Thank you, Lavinialuna. You are right about holding the breath. But ever since I have anxiety, my breathing pattern has changed. Even when I don't feel anxious, I am used to shallow and rapid breathing. It has been too long since I adapted this kind of breathing pattern. I don't know how to correct it. I kept on trying and trying to breath normally again but I couldn't. So when I am in a social situation, I hyperventilate even more than I usually do and I simply can't control it. I have an important presentation coming up in a month which I can't avoid doing. It freaks me out just to imagine what is going to happen.

Lavinialuna

Look on youtube for videos on how to yoga breathe. It helps you learn to control the length of your breathe, I have found this very helpful :)

milo001

Thank you for your words of comfort, Lavianialuna and Motherwolff. I was in low spirit, especially the last couple of weeks.
Milo, thank you for leaving me a message. It's really good to finally meet someone from my home country. Before I found this forum, I always thought I am the only Malaysian with anxiety issues. I have never heard of people having anxiety when I was back in Malaysia. Well I didn't experience much anxiety when I came to japan, now it is getting worse and it's really hard because I don't have anyone I trust here to share my feelings. How are you doing right now?

Hello Canres, have you seen a psychiatrist or a psychologist before for your social phobia? I think it'll help. I have seen a couple in Penang but I think I'm the only one that came to see them because of social phobia. Not many Malaysians has it but I had talk to a few in SAS. But they are all at least better than me. I didn't work for many years and had to depend on my parents. You can talk about your issues here if you has any problems. We might not be able to help but at least you'll feel better.

milo001

So I always felt like I am burden to my parents. I'm 26 but they still need to support me because I can't help myself.