Major Social Anxiety

zonebie

I am afraid to be around friends, family and strangers.

I am 37 years old and have been on medication for depression since I was 14 years old.

I am now taking:

Lithium 1200 mg
Geodon 320 mg
Lamotrigine 150 mg (tapering off 50 mg every 5 days)
Clonazepam 1 mg (tapered down from 6 mg)

I get major anxiety attacks and breakout about the thought of being around someone.

I have been confined in my home for 2 years and nothing seems to work.

Does your medication allow you to exercise at home? If yes, you can try doing light workouts and progress to more strenuous workouts. Then use the endorphin rush after exercise to walk several steps out of the house... and go as far as you're comfortable each day.

Just a suggestion, I'm no psychologist. You're the one who ultimately knows yourself best.

zonebie

Does your medication allow you to exercise at home? If yes, you can try doing light workouts and progress to more strenuous workouts. Then use the endorphin rush after exercise to walk several steps out of the house... and go as far as you're comfortable each day.

Just a suggestion, I'm no psychologist. You're the one who ultimately knows yourself best.

Thanks for the advice. I do exercise with weights and I am in good shape. I probably should do cardio.

Thanks for the advice. I do exercise with weights and I am in good shape. I probably should do cardio.

No problem man... I feel that cardio is better, definitely better than weights for fighting depression. Jogging through rural/countryside/parks or stretching ala yoga if you cannot go outside... But that's just my own experience.

Wow.. I feel really sorry for you ::(: , I wish I could help you ..
But I'm in a similliar situation so.
But we all care about what ur going through. And i bet more people do dont they? So please be happy with the people who care for u, and never give up hope.. Maybe you should seek new help.. more intensive.. I;m doing that now too.. Today i have an intake ..
I hope ur getting better.. Thats what i really wish for u :)
Please keep strong.
And just try to enjoy life , even if u have this prob. There are still beautiful things out there.. sunshine.. rain.. games.. music.. sports.. computer.. birds.. pets.. nice food.. good people.. nice books.. keep it up

Remus

Staff member
Yes, I am seeing my psychiatrist but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

Maybe see another shrink get a second opinion, I mean Lithium is a pretty heavy drug for SA or depression or do you have other mental health issues?

zonebie

Thanks. I am getting professional mental advice at the moment, so, I am truly fortunate in some respects.

I am hoping one day they would have a magic pill that could make me normal. :)

I wish you luck with your situation.

Wow.. I feel really sorry for you ::(: , I wish I could help you ..
But I'm in a similliar situation so.
But we all care about what ur going through. And i bet more people do dont they? So please be happy with the people who care for u, and never give up hope.. Maybe you should seek new help.. more intensive.. I;m doing that now too.. Today i have an intake ..
I hope ur getting better.. Thats what i really wish for u :)
Please keep strong.
And just try to enjoy life , even if u have this prob. There are still beautiful things out there.. sunshine.. rain.. games.. music.. sports.. computer.. birds.. pets.. nice food.. good people.. nice books.. keep it up

zonebie

I meant to say, that I wish one day there would be a magic pill that would cure ALL of us.

Thanks. I am getting professional mental advice at the moment, so, I am truly fortunate in some respects.

I am hoping one day they would have a magic pill that could make me normal. :)

I wish you luck with your situation.