Magic Movie Moments

redlady

Donnie Darko - Donnie spies Cherita at her locker - walks towards her and grabs her by the earmuphs and says to her "I promise one day that everythings going to be better for you" - the reaction that she has to it is priceless. And then he walks off wearing her earmuphs - i love it.

Remus

Staff member
WIthnail and I:

uncle monty about meat and how he cant touch it

"as a youth I used to weep in butchers shops"

infact anything he says makes me piss :lol:

LittleMissScareAll

As for funny parts in movies...ALL of Freddy Got Fingered is great.
My favorite though, is where he's in the scuba gear... "LOOK! I found a treasure! ... SHHH! I'm PRETENDING it's a treasure! ... OH NO!!! Treasure fell into that underwater cave! ... You saved me from the giant barracuda! AND LOOK! I salvaged the treasure! WE CAN LIVE LIKE KINGS! WE CAN LIVE LIKE KINGS!!!!!!"
Some of my other fave quotes from that movie:
"Daddy would you like some sausage? Daddy would you like some sausages?"
"He's a real character! He's a real character...I'm so stupid, I'm so stupid, I'm stupid, I'm stupid..."
"Get inside the animals."
"I'M A LOSER! I WISH I WAS DEAD! ... So I shouldn't blow my brains out the back of my skull?"
"I'm a 28 year old man! I should be able to eat a chicken sandwich if I want!"
"I wanna eat chicken burgers!"
"You can stick it up your bum bum!"
"I'm waking your baby!"

And I love the entire dinner scenes with the family in the Nutty Professor! :p

Invisible_Alien

In a dramatic/emotional way:

Field of Dreams: where Kevin Costner's character meets his dad in the field and plays catch with him;

Stand By Me: where Wil Wheaton's character starts crying over his brother's death after seeing the dead boy's body

Contact: where Jodi Foster's character meets the alien in the form of her father

In a humorous way:

American Wedding: too many parts to mention cracked me up

South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut: again, too many parts to mention cracked me up

In a scary way:

Jacob's Ladder: that whole movie freaked me out

Salem's Lot: this movie is one of the few movies that ever really scared me as a kid; some scenes are still creepy, although not scary to me anymore

brownbag

Wow i'm so glad i came across this post, prior to which i myself didn't think of posting such a topic. Anyway i think it'll be a real favourite post for me..heh.. so nice to just recall those really moving moments..

Scottish_Player said:
Braveheart - At the end where they murder William Wallace, all because he wanted freedom for his country, he was hung, drawn and quartered :cry:

The Passion of Christ - When Christ is getting whipped and beated, it looks so real the way they do it and makes you want to get in there and stop them :(

YES! Those are the same scenes in those 2 shows that made me feeling moved with sadness.. :cry:

magda74 said:
Napolean Dynamite - When he's talking about chicks dig guys with skills...
and of course his dancing scene(my hero)('')

HAH! and who could forget about the ever "intelligent" Napoleon.. wonderful dancing by the lad..! haha... :lol:

LittleMissScareAll said:
As for funny parts in movies...ALL of Freddy Got Fingered is great.

Yeaaa..haha whole'a Freddy Got Fingered is so damn funny. Tom Green Rocks!

Other Show's For Me:

The Butterfly Effect! : Almost towards the ending of the show, when Ashton Kutcher sacrifices being with the love of his life, travelling back in time to tell her off when they're kids - also saving her from the future abuse situation she might be in if she stayed around with him.. :(

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind: When Jim Carrey's character was running after & just trying to hold on so tightly to his sweetheart, in which they were erasing the memory of her from his mind.
And Basically the whole theme of how the 1's you love can Never be erased from your mind..

The Pianist: 1. When he's trapped in the apartment and starves, almost to death during a war..
2. When he returns to his town, only to find all of the people killed by the soldiers.. and as he walks away with his eyes drenched in tears...
3. Final part where he plays the piano! Beautiful!

Spongebob Squarepants Movie! : i need not say more. LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
note to mods : Don't you think this post should be in "Off Topic"?

Mary

In "Ghost" at the end when Patrick Swayzey sees the light of God and knows its time for him to go home and Molly (Demi moore) sees it too and is crying. He tells her, "its so beautiful..theres so much love..its so beautiful.." :cry: :D I love it because I have felt that in real life, only my experience was much much better! :D

cLavain

*** Spoiler warning! ***

Sad:
Once Were Warriors: The whole movie is an emotional ride, but that scene where the daughter hang herself is really sad.
The Fly 2: For some reason what happened to the dog really shook me.

Funny:
A Night at the Roxbury: Nodding their heads to Haddaway in the car, or dancing at the clubs. :lol:

Feel-good:
Amelie: Everything! She's such a lovely imp.

Scary:
Aliens: The alien tearing itself out of the woman's stomach haunted me for months...
Ju On: That scene where the girl-thing crawls down the stairs. 8O