Magic Movie Moments

redlady

What are some outstanding moments in a movie you have seen - something that cracked you up, made you cry, touched you, scared the shit out of you - whatever.........

Monty Python's 'The meaning of life' - Restuarant scene - this grotesquely obese man just finishes an entire feast and then is given this tiny little mint to finish off and thar he blows - literally - he explodes and is left with a hollowed out shell and exposed innards.

Same movie - song lyrics "Every sperm is sacred, Every sperm is great, If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate"

Shawshank Redemption - The end scene where Morgan Freeman's character walks along a beach towards Tim Robbin's character - the camears pulls away as they approach each other but we get to see them hug - beautiful.

Scottish_Player

Braveheart - At the end where they murder William Wallace, all because he wanted freedom for his country, he was hung, drawn and quartered :cry:

The Passion of Christ - When Christ is getting whipped and beated, it looks so real the way they do it and makes you want to get in there and stop them :(

magda74

Napolean Dynamite - When he's talking about chicks dig guys with skills...
and of course his dancing scene(my hero)(':lol:')

Contact - when Jodie Foster's travelling through the wormholes, it was so incredibly beautiful it choked me up. I guess becuz she fought so hard to get there I found it touching.

Bexi

The WHOLE of "The Holy Grail" :lol:

The bonding moment in "The Breakfast club"

When Dumbo goes to see his Mumma when she's locked up and they touch each others trunks :cry:

The endings of both "The Green Mile" and "Shawshank Redemption"

When Mufasa Dies- O man...

Chilling__Echo

the part in amelie when she's at the end baking and she starts to cry when she sees that the cat is making the beads rattle, not the guy in her dreams...

oh it gets me every time!!!

blubs

In 'Withnail & I'....... when they set off out of London and Jimi Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower kicks in really loud. 8)

the fight scene in the snow in 'Kill Bill'

the pie scene in 'American Pie'...and the dance off in 'American pie 2' :lol:

the part in 'Titanic' where the ship has started to sink...and it shows the interior falling apart...really ethereal.

Scottish_Player

McShy said:
Jimmy drives his scooter of the cliffs of Dover in Quadrophenia.

Jimmy shags 'the girl' and learns it's all a shame in Quadrophenia

Anything in Quadrophenia

I love that film :D :D i feel like i should have been born in the fifties so that i could have lived out the sixties, i think i would have maybe fitted into the life style better if you get what i mean.

redlady

In "The Rose" - The last song Rose (Bette Midler) sings on stage in the last scene - 'Stay with me baby', jesus it just brings me to my knees.

Bexi

The Great Escape- When some of the men get out of that van and are shot by the Germans , that sucks :(

The Whole of "Airplane" makes me laugh!

Captain, how soon can you land?
Captain Oveur: I can't tell.
Rumack: You can tell me. I'm a doctor.
Captain Oveur: No. I mean I'm just not sure.
Rumack: Well, can't you take a guess?
Captain Oveur: Well, not for another two hours.
Rumack: You can't take a guess for another two hours?

Surely you can't be serious.

I am serious... and don't call me Shirley. :lol:

redlady

The Nightmare before Christmas - Jack and Sally's duet at the end of the movie - beautiful.

My Cousin Vinny - where Vinny FINALLY gets his act together in the court room and trips up the witness who was cooking his grits.

nighthawk

Napolean Dynamite
-Kip in general :D
-When Napolean slaps Kip :lol: "SLAP!"
-When Farmer shoots cow as the school bus pulls up 8O :D

Crash
-The whole "Invisible Armour" story was cool
-When the convenience store owners "finds his angel". I have to admit I was really caught up in the movie. :cry:

Finding Nemo- The forgetful fish was hilarious. :lol:

House of Sand and Fog- WOW! I cried, plain and simple. :cry: :cry:

And these movies cover a whole range of emotions: Hotel Rwanda, Schindler's List, City of God, Saving Private Ryan, House of Flying Daggers.

PEACE

renegade

I loved the whole Armageddon movie, it has everything. SF, love story, action...and I esecially liked the scene where Bruce Willis kicks Ben Affleck out of that capsule, sacrifices himself and says : ''You take care of my daughter, boy'' :)

Olivier25

Men of Honor with cuba gooding jr.

it brings up the inspirational side of me.
i feel i have more courage after watching that.

introvert

Falling Down, when Bill is stuck in the traffic jam sitting in his car, gets really paranoid of everyone looking at him and just leaves the car walking off into the bushes.

justsomebloke25

Yeah, Falling Down is cool. I like when he realises everyone's after him and says "I'm the bad guy?......When did i become the bad guy?" (or something like that :lol: )

ok, this is probably cheating as it wasn't a movie but the final episode of Six Feet Under was the most moving thing i've ever seen. Nothing I watch normally affects me but that had me crying like a baby! :oops:

Scottish_Player

McShy said:
Scottish_Player said:
McShy said:
Jimmy drives his scooter of the cliffs of Dover in Quadrophenia.

Jimmy shags 'the girl' and learns it's all a shame in Quadrophenia

Anything in Quadrophenia

I love that film :D :D i feel like i should have been born in the fifties so that i could have lived out the sixties, i think i would have maybe fitted into the life style better if you get what i mean.

Are you a mod or a rocker?

Sorry for the late reply Mc Shy

I would defo be a MOD :) what about you?

Tseng

For me it's gotta be when Wash dies in Serenity. I was so shocked, how could they kill of such a great character?

SaharaWorld

redlady said:
What are some outstanding moments in a movie you have seen - something that cracked you up, made you cry, touched you, scared the shit out of you - whatever.........
redlady said:
American History X - towards the end, after the younger brother was shot dead at school and the older brother was holding him while he lay there bleeding.

I was crying my eyes out.