Low Self Esteem

BlueRose

I went to one of the depression support groups in this meeting this lady looked liked she was alone with no one to talk to. So I went over to have a chat with her. When I approached her, she chased me away, she said she didn't want to talk, so I backed off. The worst thing she did after that, she was telling other people at that meeting how pathetic I was when I approached her. I was very much hurt, I was trying to be nice and she had to pull something like that.. I told her off aftwards because what she did was totally wrong, she didn't want to talk to me is one thing, but talking about me behind my back is very much out of line.. Still I was hurt, so I never went back to that meeting. How can people be THAT cruel.. Since then I've developed more low self esteem, now I'm afraid to go up and talk to people after that experience. ::(:

Ashiene

She did that because she was depressed and not everyone handles depression with calm. Some get very frustrated and aggressive and you just met one example of such a person.

klytus

Well, such experiences do influence one's attitude towards the activity that caused discomfort. There's no cure except forgetting past feelings and simply going up and talking to people again. If you don't give it a chance, you can't have positive experiences, which means that you will stick to that current state of mind. Of course, there's always the risk that some retard will hurt you again - after all, it depends on the intensity of your desire to actually make (new) social contacts.

recluse

You tried your best bluerose, if she had a problem with you being pleasant and making the effort to talk to her then screw her!

I can't believe she went on to talk about you behind you'r back!:mad: I mean in a depression support group you expect people to be understanding don't you!