Love triangle

Whoopdeedoo

I allowed myself to get pulled into a love triangle for a couple of years that obviously ended badly about a year ago.
Recently the fella involved has been contacting me again.
Unfortunately as pathetic as it is and I hate to admit I
Developed strong feelings for the assh**e and often when he makes contact,
Which he does every 2-3 months ,it really upsets me...
I know I should refuse his calls and ignore his texts
But i dont or cant...anyone have any suggestions on how to heal a broken heart and let go of someone toxic?
I still feel so broken and fragile behind this negative relationship

There's someone better out there. The time you waste with him you could be spending on someone worthwhile. You're probably not even really in love with this guy. You just like the fact you're getting attention. But this guy is only using you. So your choice on whether you have more respect for yourself or not. It is not the end of the world if you let this dumbass go. You got a long life ahead of you and will meet lots of people.

Whoopdeedoo

Thx ive been refusing his advances & havent seen him in over a year
Sometimes letting go is not easy when theyre not letting go of you either
Ive made progress with this but im not perfect ...
Still healing a wound he & I keep openg up again
Ugh
I gotta get more of a life
Im just so scared of peoples evil ways now
Thx again

He's only using you. I assure you that the longer you keep him away the stronger you will get. People also get the message after awhile and stop trying when they know you've smartened up. I think you are worth more and you should believe that too.

darrens

I have been in and see people in similiar situations all the time,i think nowadays these situations are a lot more common because with the internet you got facebook,emails and all its very difficult to totally break a connection.
Obviously i know the advice is stop any and all contact with him,but for sure i know how difficult that is,i don't want to have you feeling sorry for him,but i think given how easy contact is these days between exes with internet,it can be a cycle between 2 people,when you can look people up so easily these days its easier to get people in weak moments or times when u miss an ex u know.
I don't know the answer to this its a tough one i know that,but in my experience i know people say rebound and all that but in my experience the best way to move on is with another relationship,hope it works out for you anyway i know these situations are so tough for both people i think sometimes.
I blame bill gates .

AGR

find someone nice who actually likes you?

Maybe you will forget and move on,but then again there are some people who wont be satisfied with the above and cant really let go of this.....

I wouldn't suggest getting into a relationship right away. You need to spend some time growing as a person. No need to rush this.

Fighter86

I think he is just doing this to you because he knows you are lonely and probably won't refuse him since you need someone. I am not sure what advise to give either as I am unfortunately in similar bad situation, except I am the one refusing to let go even though the other party obviously doesn't care much. I am clingy on as I really have nothing on going on in my life for me right now.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I've been in that situation before and it's a lot more simple than you think.

You just go "don't contact me EVER again", block him everywhere you can, ignore the rest or tag him as spam, and he will soon stop and you'll be free.

You know you're happier when you don't hear from him, so drop the "I can't".

theoutsider

He is counting on you being a weak person to keep his foot in the door. Your unwillingness to be a doormat has to be greater than your hope that there's a small chance things will work out with him. Otherwise he will continue to take advantage of you.