losing control of my anger

Duzmiu

hello,
wasnt sure if this was the right place to post this so my apologises if it wrong place

recently ive noticed i have lost control over my anger and alot of things are making me really angry that would never normally bother me.
for the last 6 years ive had complete control over my anger, even when me and my sister argued she would hit me in the face and ild just walk off, but the last couple of weeks ive been losing my temper with pretty much everything, even TV adverts bug me now and some things i usualy like to watch is really getting on my nerves. i was just watching an anime series, my 3rd time watching it but for some reason half way through the 7th episode i started to get really angry and i ended up shouting and punching myself and the wall several times.

ive always used music to keep myself under control but its stopped working, music just dosent sound the way it used to.

im starting to get a bit scared incase me and my sister end up argueing and i might not be able to control myself and i really dont want to hit my sister especially after last time, 6 years ago i promised my sister and myself that i would never phisically hurt her again but with the way things are going now im either going to hurt myself or worse my sister.

im out of ideas of a way to control my anger so please if any of you know a good way please help me,
i really dont want to go back to how i was

-Duz

Valhalla

I don't know then. Maybe if you can have an object whenever you feel your starting to get angrier, like a ball or something. Sit in a dark room for a while. Get a boxing sack.

Duzmiu

I don't know then. Maybe if you can have an object whenever you feel your starting to get angrier, like a ball or something. Sit in a dark room for a while. Get a boxing sack.

my ceiling cant handle a boxing bag, stress balls have never worked either and im always in a dark room.

karl:-/

I re-decorated my bedroom,lightened the place up abit. I only done this after i read how colours are used in prisons/mental institutes to keep inmates calm and relaxed.. this Crazy studies found that dark colours keep you repressed and likely to kick off..
For some reasons the colour blue saps your energy,makes you feel lethargic...
The colour yellow witch is used throughout wards/cell blocks they found stopped inmates commiting suicide...
I really don't know,this may help you?? hope you find something that works dude..

Duzmiu

I re-decorated my bedroom,lightened the place up abit. I only done this after i read how colours are used in prisons/mental institutes to keep inmates calm and relaxed.. this Crazy studies found that dark colours keep you repressed and likely to kick off..
For some reasons the colour blue saps your energy,makes you feel lethargic...
The colour yellow witch is used throughout wards/cell blocks they found stopped inmates commiting suicide...
I really don't know,this may help you?? hope you find something that works dude..

hmm interesting might try painting my room then, gives me a chance to get my sister to do some crazy art on one of the walls aswell...guess il have to save for a bunch of a paint :p

karl:-/

At least look at it as a bonding session with you nd your sis, time to have a deep conversation with her. Allow both your selves to Express each others feelings... You know you got feeling for her or you wouldn't kick off as much if you didn't. It natural to hate your sister becoz you love her as a sibling.. I ****ing hate my sis but I got some good nieces from her lol... But yea give it a shot It helped me relax more :)

Metal_isthe_Answer

im out of ideas of a way to control my anger so please if any of you know a good way please help me,
i really dont want to go back to how i was

-Duz

What kind of music do you like? I found along time ago that writing a creating my own music helped alot. I was able to lay out frustrating scenarios on paper and put them to music, it helped immensely, don't even worry about "I don't know how to record or write music" just do it and let what happens happen, you'll find new programs, new techniques etc and you'll only be more impressed with what you've created.
If you have no desire to make your own music, try another hobby, I also like to draw, it lets my mind just wander and all I focus on is what I'm drawing.

SurlySurely

Hi Duz.

Try talking it through--don't duke it through. :) Losing your temper with your sister might have something to do with her hitting you in the face with the expectation that you'll just take it. No body should be hitting anyone at all. Maybe have a word with her about that and tell her it has to stop. Tempers destroy relationships and if you two don't figure out how to deal civilly with each other now it might completely wreck your future relationship and maybe even affect your whole family as your other family members might take sides, assign blame--and that won't help things.

Do you know how she feels about any of this? Why did she hit you? (she shouldn't have, obviously, but she must've had some pretty strong feelings when she did! :) Just as you've been dealing with some overwhelming anger lately.

If you guys can start out by agreeing to stop the hitting, that would be a big start. Other people's suggestions about using music & art and creating a soothing space in your room might help. I like to write things down and just vent on paper. Your usual diversions aren't helping right now, so finding someone outside of the situation to talk to when you get angry might help diffuse some of it, too.

Anyway, Goodluck. Hope this helps.

Duzmiu

What kind of music do you like? I found along time ago that writing a creating my own music helped alot. I was able to lay out frustrating scenarios on paper and put them to music, it helped immensely, don't even worry about "I don't know how to record or write music" just do it and let what happens happen, you'll find new programs, new techniques etc and you'll only be more impressed with what you've created.
If you have no desire to make your own music, try another hobby, I also like to draw, it lets my mind just wander and all I focus on is what I'm drawing.

i listen to all kinds of music, this morning i was listening to dubstep and now im listening to linkin park :p
ive tried a few hobbies, drawing, writing, 3D art but they dont seem to work or stick at it for long

Duzmiu

Hi Duz.

Try talking it through--don't duke it through. :) Losing your temper with your sister might have something to do with her hitting you in the face with the expectation that you'll just take it. No body should be hitting anyone at all. Maybe have a word with her about that and tell her it has to stop. Tempers destroy relationships and if you two don't figure out how to deal civilly with each other now it might completely wreck your future relationship and maybe even affect your whole family as your other family members might take sides, assign blame--and that won't help things.

Do you know how she feels about any of this? Why did she hit you? (she shouldn't have, obviously, but she must've had some pretty strong feelings when she did! :) Just as you've been dealing with some overwhelming anger lately.

If you guys can start out by agreeing to stop the hitting, that would be a big start. Other people's suggestions about using music & art and creating a soothing space in your room might help. I like to write things down and just vent on paper. Your usual diversions aren't helping right now, so finding someone outside of the situation to talk to when you get angry might help diffuse some of it, too.

Anyway, Goodluck. Hope this helps.

she dosent always hit me its only when we argue and get really angry and end up insulting each other really badly......im not good with talking, never have been but just been to my first time consultation thingey and going back on friday where there gunna put me into anger management

Duzmiu

all attempts ive tried have failed now, cant paint my room, its more exspensive then i thought.
lost my temper 3 times so far today over little things, last one was cause my fan wouldnt stop rotating even tho i pressed the thingey thats supposed to stop it...its now in peices in the bin and my knuckles are now shredded from the stupid metal mesh cover thing

mikebird

Banned
I've had serious frustration & anger. The deepest roots for this in early life were

after doctors discovered a strange immune system problem in my blood, ending up in hospital for months, but also a frustration with my parents, who I saw as the stupidest people I knew - too old for the 1980s. They lived in WWII

Similar hate of TV adverts, ignoring all channels but the BBC, and DVDs without adverts. Web adverts are annoying. People who phone me all day long are the worst.

I do wish I had a proper full size body punchbag. Squash & weights let me vent my anger. Sometimes the most anger for decades when migraine takes over my brain. It's more than just a headache.

I'm proud to not have been violent towards people, such as doctors, nurses, or family. The anger does exhibit / expose itself in words! :mad:

I do criticise, scream, yell, shriek, and scare people. I've run, sprinted towards people or away, but not laid finger on them; no punches yet.

I think I was raised by lightweight parents not willing to hit me or curb my emotions. Dad said he did smack my oldest brother.

Duzmiu

I've had serious frustration & anger. The deepest roots for this in early life were

after doctors discovered a strange immune system problem in my blood, ending up in hospital for months, but also a frustration with my parents, who I saw as the stupidest people I knew - too old for the 1980s. They lived in WWII

Similar hate of TV adverts, ignoring all channels but the BBC, and DVDs without adverts. Web adverts are annoying. People who phone me all day long are the worst.

I do wish I had a proper full size body punchbag. Squash & weights let me vent my anger. Sometimes the most anger for decades when migraine takes over my brain. It's more than just a headache.

I'm proud to not have been violent towards people, such as doctors, nurses, or family. The anger does exhibit / expose itself in words! :mad:

I do criticise, scream, yell, shriek, and scare people. I've run, sprinted towards people or away, but not laid finger on them; no punches yet.

I think I was raised by lightweight parents not willing to hit me or curb my emotions. Dad said he did smack my oldest brother.

wow that sounds so much like me except ive snapped and hurt people, my therapist thinks il end up in prison due to my anger as ive already hit 2 security guards and a police officer in the past. ive hit random people aswell got a criminal record for GBH so cant fight for another 2 years or il prob go jail.

you said something about a strange imune system could you go in more detail about it, who knows i could have the same thing