''Look she's gone red!'' D:

Winter

It's bad enough when you know people can see that you're blushing, but when they decide to comment on it... it makes me feel 50x worse!

Like the other day when I was in general studies, I was feeling a bit better than usual generally about SA but then this girl goes to me 'hey where did you get your boots from I like them' and I was like 'thanks *=]*, they're from new look' I blushed a little but didn't think it was a noticable kinda blush so I was OK until she whispers to her friend (she must think im deaf or something :roll: ) 'look - jess has gone red' and her friend said something which I didn't quite hear. Then they start glancing over at me as my anxiety goes into hyperdrive and I go bright red. A little later the teacher asks me a question out of the blue and I go red again, so she turns to her friend again and goes 'look shes gone red again..'

Anyone else had people comment on you blushing? =/

maximo12

In class my teacher randomly went through our homework and read mine out lous. A girl inmy class was like. 'oh, its hers!' I was so red I thought I'd die. :(

NeverGiveUp

Hey, yea i know what your talking about 100% im 18 now and had this problem through 6th form (when it started), funny thing was i was one of the loudest peeps at my school before it.. and then it went bad, its hard to deal with because people dont understand how much it can get you down and really hold you back. when i was at school it got to the stage where i was so damn worried to go in because i knew if i sat thier quietly i would get a question fired at me which would make me blush and get laughed at or if i tried to be loud it would have the same affect.

I know work in a very large office and ofcourse its still hard sometimes, as you cant just click your fingers and it goes away (if only) but you have to remember that your not alone which is a nice and kinda reliefing feeling in some ways, ive never really tried anything to try and help im just to chicken to try, which doesnt help too much, ive seen that ETS surgery but the after affects dont look so wonderful and as for going to therapy that seems a good idea but then again i cant get time of work :(

anyway just to point out that your not alone and thier is plenty of things you can try that the other people have posted about, well anyway im here if you need a chat :)

Take care

sidney

Yeah totally!! I feel overwhelmed when i know theres other people who know how hard it can be:cry:

Before i told one of my really good friends my problem and she read about it on the internet (which actually explained it well) all my friends use to point out me going red in class & it made it worse but now 2 ppl know and it helps :) but when people poke fun at it i just go purple, one time i really thought my face was gunna explode-it got so red my eyes watered 8O

maximo12

Ive felt like Ive been purple before. Not a good feeling at all, helplessness and all. I was blushing so bad a few weeks ago I could feel my face pulsing, I thought I'd pass out!! :? I dont even want to know what it looked like..

PhantomPod

It really adds to the horribleness when someone points out how red your face is (as if you didn't know!!). My own mom points it out sometimes and I really don't like when she does it. I was telling a story about my job interview to my family during Thanksgiving dinner, and my face was getting all red and my mom made a crack like, "I hope you didn't get that red during the interview!" I mean, I laughed it off and all and said that I didn't (which, surprisingly, I really didn't), but I still sort of felt like crap for a little bit afterwards.

Generical

Yeah blushing sucks twas the start of everything for me, randomly started happening when i was 14ish, became too afraid to talk to my friends and family lol......was a hoot. Luckily people rarely mentioned it although you could tell they were thinking it, people would just stare at you and when your in a lesson you can't get away, just have to try and say something that will take the spotlight off you but thats impossible as your mind freezes. If someone asks you a question the only words you can say is 'i dunno' and then you'll turn away. To be honest you just have to sit through it for the moment and eventually you'll become comfortable with it, not give a shite and be able to relax more in social situations. The good thing is i rarely get it any more, am 19 now, (started growing outta it at 17, when sixth form started and i went out more) i basically accepted it, which is hard i know but once you stop thinking about it obsessively you can actually have a decent conversation, which further takes your mind off it.

Getting a job as a waitor or something that involves people helps a load too.

prettynpink

I get like that too

I've had many times where I get real red like that for no reason at all sometimes. Someone can just ask me a simple question and I'll go red. It's really a hinderance to my career and basically my whole life in general. I'll turn a little red, someone asks, "why are u so red?" and I swear I'll turn purple. Anyone have any good ideas on how to handle these situations? People just don't get it.

EveM

Re: I get like that too

prettynpink said:
I've had many times where I get real red like that for no reason at all sometimes. Someone can just ask me a simple question and I'll go red. It's really a hinderance to my career and basically my whole life in general. I'll turn a little red, someone asks, "why are u so red?" and I swear I'll turn purple. Anyone have any good ideas on how to handle these situations? People just don't get it.

I know, it's awful when you just go red for no reason. People have always been nice with me I suppose, as I haven't actually had anyone tell me I'm going red apart from my brother, but my family know about my blushing problem anyway even though they don't understand or fully believe it.

I've had weird looks from people but if anyone actually straight out asked me why I was blushing, I don't know what I would say!

alter_ego

I'm lucky enough not to actually blush but I do feel my face get hot when I feel embarrassed or uneasy with new people or in new situations. It's just one of the symptoms of the age old fight or flight reaction. So just tell a half truth. When anyone asks why you're blushing, just say you feel really warm and say the room's too hot. Hope that helps. :D

RedRibbons

uhh yea someone did it to me TODAY!! And the worst thing is.. I didn't even FEEL like I was blushing. He was like "why are you going red?" and I'm like.. "I'm not!" and I laughed and told him to shut up as a joke. haha. Annd then I got the hotness in my face. zzz. So apparently when I get all hot, maybe I'm not blushing, and when I don't get all hot... I am blushing?????? idk when I am blushing now, and am worried to blush at a bad time, and not even notice it, and then have to explain it. :roll:

Bekkzy

Yeaaa and the bad thing is you dont know how red you've gone :) So ur there trying to hide ur face thinking hmm i wonder if its safe to come out from behind the hair now? I remember getting told off for doodling hehe whtta rebel ;) And my teacher was like "I find it very rude when people doodle, youve done nothing at all this lesson except that" and started asking me alload of questions. I mean god.
1) Girls can multi task.
2) I do listen, i just dont really put my hand up. SHY! Jeez..
3) I hadnt done nothing... obviously some notes (and doodles :D ) is nothing now.

I dont know why i blushed i guess it was because i was put on the spot and everyone was staring at me. But the point is you start off not even that embarassed and then your face just explodes and that makes it worse! Tis proper poop.

krs2snow

Aaww! My heart aches for the younger ones in here struggling with this stupidness! Someone asked me the other day- with about 5 other people standing around- "Why are you so RED??!!" Everyone of course turned to look at me and I of course turned 7 more shades. I wanted to ask her "Why are you so FAT??!!" I know that sounds terrible and of course I would never say such a mean thing to someone. But Hello!?! It's the equivalent. Both questions are totally asinine.

ripewithdecay

krs2snow said:
Aaww! My heart aches for the younger ones in here struggling with this stupidness! Someone asked me the other day- with about 5 other people standing around- "Why are you so RED??!!" Everyone of course turned to look at me and I of course turned 7 more shades. I wanted to ask her "Why are you so FAT??!!" I know that sounds terrible and of course I would never say such a mean thing to someone. But Hello!?! It's the equivalent. Both questions are totally asinine.

LOL. that woulda caught her off guard. Funny how someone would 'ask' why you've gone red, like you just all of a sudden decided it was time to do it.

Sapphira

Oh man, I've had similar experiences. People can be so inconsiderate and rude sometimes! I think it's just that they don't understand, so they don't know any better.

redfornoreason

I'm so glad there are other people just like me. It made me feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one who blushes for no reason. It's so hard because it's so embaressing during school if a teacher calls on you. Everyone's like "look how red she's getting!" or "you're REALLY red". I turn red even if some guy looks at me in the halls or something, or if I'm asked a simple question. I try to talk about it with my mom but she doesn't understand. She's always like Oh, everyone turns red! Reading these posts has made me feel better but if anyone has advice, please share. :oops:

mbmalone

I know how you all are feeling! I've had the "blushing" problem ever since I can remember... since grade school. And it didn't help that I had a teacher who got pleasure out of humiliating his students by randomly singling them out in class and putting them on the spot! I would dread going to that class for fear of being called on! It's hard because that feeling has imprinted itself onto me, and knowing that I'll probably turn red holds me back from talking in big (and sometimes small) groups of people! I'll want to say something, but I literally get so nervous right before I do, that I stop myself. I know it sounds corny, but thinking positively is the only way to handle it. If you let it get you too down, it'll eat you alive!

NothingElseMatters

i know what you mean.i blush all the f.... time.esppecially when i'm in class and someone from behind me speaks to me.so i have to look back and see all those people looking at me and....you know what happens then!!!

Kien

Maybe not same as blusshing but one day when I was visiting a university my face was all red during the whole time there. It was all hot and sweaty. I have no idea why. I looked really strange in the mirror. Felt quite embarrasing. I think it has happened another time after that.

It's cute when cute girls are blushing. :3

glowworm

Banned
this happened to me just today! i was speaking in front of a group of my classmates and went sooo red, my teacher was like "are you ok" and everyone stared. they finally skipped over me and i felt my face returning to normal, then one girl was like "so are you feeling better now? your face was BRIGHT red before" which immediately kicked my blushing into high gear again. then one guy goes "look even your scalp is turning bright red!" kill me, just kill me.... :oops: