Lol, no wonder I'm such a loser XD

DanFC

medium-to-large-sized rant here.

I went to my vertebrate anatomy class this morning, not a lot of people were there so I sat where I usually do, near the front on the edge of one of the rows of the auditorium with no one else near me except below/above. As class was starting, this great looking gal decided to sit next to me.

Now, this almost NEVER happens, especially when there's plenty of room elsewhere. As objective as I can be from myself, I know I'm not a good-looking person, and regardless I'm always kind of in an angry mood around campus (constant grimace and whatnot), so people usually know not to be near me.

And then, guess what the topic was? Yeap, reproduction. Yaaaaaay. It was so awkward being next to this gorgeous girl who for some reason wanted to sit next to me during a lecture on reproduction, but that wasn't enough now was it -_-

During the lecture she started calling out some things as how good students do when professors ask questions. However, it was pretty much only audible enough so that I heard it, so it was kind of weird. Then, all of the sudden her foot is touching my leg, and staying there. Luckily, I was able to somehow keep my composure through controlled breathing and I was able to put down any shaking by constantly writing lecture notes, and I moved my leg back as casually as I could, but OMG, I felt like I was going to break apart.

Now I feel like a complete idiot. She may have been coming on to me and all I could do was sit there like a statue. I knew this while it was happening, but I could do nothing about it. I know a normal guy would take advantage of this to at least make a new acquaintance, but I don't know how they do it! What do they say??? I seriously wanted to just punch myself, lol.

Anyways, I don't expect anybody to read all this, I just had to let it out.

Feathers

If she liked you she'll like you next time too!! haha

Maybe she was a bit too forward and another more demure girl would be more to your taste?

Please don't call yourself a l**** cause you're not!!

You're in a med class, WOW!! Definitely *not* a l****!!

Maybe grin and ask her if she wants to grab a cup of tea next time you see her? (And then you'll see if she was coming on to you or not !:))

DanFC

If she liked you she'll like you next time too!! haha

Maybe she was a bit too forward and another more demure girl would be more to your taste?

Please don't call yourself a l**** cause you're not!!

You're in a med class, WOW!! Definitely *not* a l****!!

Maybe grin and ask her if she wants to grab a cup of tea next time you see her? (And then you'll see if she was coming on to you or not !:))

Thanks for the reply! Lol, I'm not in med school yet, though hopefully I will be in a year ^_^ It's just that my senior thesis involves neurobiology and this class is a great help to what I'm doing.

And yeah, if she was trying to drop hints it was too strong for my tastes, but note how in her eyes, it may have looked like I wasn't even paying attention, lol

As far as I know, we don't really extensively drink tea here, and I don't drink coffee, but even if I knew what I wanted to do with her, like go to the movies or something, I wouldn't know how to say it. It's a common problem of mine; I commonly get into arguments with my professors and sponsors because they don't understand what I say and I'm too anxious to explain it well.

Phoenixx

Wow, that situation wasn't awkward or anything, was it? ::p: Don't feel like an idiot. An attractive girl sat next to you, and it seems like she likes you too. ;) And good job keeping your composure. I get nervous enough when someone I don't know sits next to me. If I was in that situation, I probably would've ended up leaving because I would've felt so nervous and awkward.