Lol anti piracy for video games back then.

Eristelle

EarthBound Anti-Piracy Measure (spoilers!) - YouTube

This one's the best. Makes you wonder if every company did this for movies, music, and modern video games piracy wouldn't exist. Trolling pirates with this would probably anger them enough to never download anything illegal again. I swear if I had a bootleg copy and THIS happened, I'd probably break my snes. Then again it would be my fault for stealing it, huh? Either way, that was a pretty clever move.

What do you think?

Thelema

Haha well you take your chances when you're stealing. But the way people would do it now is remove those measures and let people download it off the net.

I think it's hilarious it would wait until the end to delete all your progress.

$60 for a game is robbery!! <---I had to add that

xDreamseller

$60 for a game is robbery!! <---I had to add that

Well, It depends on the game I think. Something without any multiplayer, and only a story mode, then sure, $60 is too much for a few hours entertainment. But for games that have a lot of re-playability, I think it's pretty cheap. $60 for call of duty 4, which I had 40 Days playtime on... that's 6 cents an hour to play online. Not bad really :)

I appreciate what the game programmers did to combat piracy though. Unlucky to anyone that got that happen to them when playing on a legit cartridge though!

WeirdyMcGee

^ such a waste of chicken.

They've had anti-piracy on CD's and DVD's for years and years but it's too difficult to keep up with software and for every 'anti-piracy' measure they make; there are 2 new ways to bypass it.