Lies...

Iseesky

I'm sure you've all made up a lie or two (or 150) to get out of an awkward situation/event.

I know I have... ::(: I feel awful doing so, but sometimes I think it's best to avoid a stressful situation rather than going through with it and being worked up about it for weeks.

Though, whenever I do lie, I just feel awful about it.

Today I told a friend that I couldn't make it to her birthday party because I was busy. I'm not busy that day, I just didn't want to go because I don't talk to her friends, and none of the girls I'm friends with will be there. I'm already relieved that I found an excuse to get out of it, but I still feel bad.

Do you feel guilty about lying to get out of situations? I know some of you do it quite a bit to the point where people just stop asking you places. Does it still bother you? Or has it just become second nature?

Silvox Black

Hahah! I was wondering when someone would ask such a question. Well, call me a liar then. I live one each day. In a way though, if someone asks you if you are well and you say, "I'm fine." Would that not be lying as well?

I lie quite often. I suppose I enjoy it to a certain degree, however I never lie to those who I deem worthy of my trust and whom I actually value. I lie because it is necessary and it provides me with a power that others do not have. I have no guilt over lying. Remorse and sentimentality over something so necessary is not something I can afford. I have spun quite a few webs, and they have all worked out perfectly like the spider to the fly. It is all about how you spin your webs and words. If done properly, you can live quite comfortably with it.

In your case, I find you have no reason to be guilty. Your words were justified as you simply did not wish to be drained of all energy and happiness there. Since most people would not accept that explanation, you had to provide a different one.

Last edited:
I do feel bad after lying but some people just do it not to hurt others, it's when it gets out of control and you end up living in your own little made up world of lies. That's when it's bad. So really you shouldn't feel that bad about it, you told her you were busy. You didn't like her friends there, if you told her you didn't like her friends she would find that more offensive.

So lying can be used for good or bad imo.

Last edited:

Ignace

Lies .. great. :D People think I can't lie, because when they caught me on it, like in school I will laugh and I'm not able to hide it. But that's about things for school. In private life, lying is my 2nd nature. :) But I don't lie that much, just about things I don't want people to know. (probably) This is only for the people I know in real life, people in chats or online stuff is real. Except online stuff with classmates.:D And friends, no lies there either, but only if I can trust them 100%. Don't tell anything/true to huge talkers either.

sanitariumcalls

I hate lying, absolutely f*ckin hate it...

But the sick, sad fact is I'm good at it.

Making excuses because I don't want to get out of bed, piece of cake, like breathing.

Went overboard shopping online or at the bookstore to try and boost myself out of depression and my partner wants to know why I need him to pay the internet bill this month, "school fees"

I hate doing it, and I really really try not to, but its just comes out...

rawr...