Lexapro 20 mg?

Closeout

I saw my doctor last Feb. about anxiety and she put me on 5 mg Lexapro. That didn't work for me, so in Oct., I went up to 10 mg and that still isn't working. It took me so long to go up dosages because I'm terrified of side effects and that heightens my anxiety. Tomorrow I'm going to see my mom's doctor because I want her opinion. Would 20 mg be a good idea for me? I am a small person, 5'4 and 102 pounds, so I don't know if it would hit me hard or not. I don't know if I should just give up on Lexapro and try another medication.

All your input will be greatly appreciated. :)

missjesss

Banned
Well I am on 15mg of lexapro and I think that's a perfect dose for me :) however you need to do cbt along with taking meds otherwise they will never work good luck

fitftw

Lexapro didn't work for me. Then again I was doing some...other things too at the time lol...

yesterday i just went up to 20mg. so far, so good. i think its going to be a good dosage but its hard to tell just yet...

hope it goes well for ya!

scoobycrawler

I am supossed to take 20mg a day but I did it for a while and didn't think it was making me feel better ever so i just save my little paper perscription slips now and idk what to do with them...

Running_Scared

I am supossed to take 20mg a day but I did it for a while and didn't think it was making me feel better ever so i just save my little paper perscription slips now and idk what to do with them...

How long is a while? Because they take a couple of weeks to work. I just started taking Lexapro two days ago.

Dj SL

Lexapro (SSRI's drugs) Neuropsychiatrist one of the top 100 in the US
Lisa C. Routh told me "SSRI's drugs they don't really work to treat SA... What SSRI drugs do it's block your prefrontal cortex that's the front part of the brain making you feel calm and relax. They decrese your energy, memory, logic and anything that is in the prefrontal cortex" Therefore, SSRI's they just making you feel calm and relax but your mind will be kinda blank, making you forget what you did in the past. So SSRI's not good for SA.

SNRI works better Effexor xr or cymbalta. They make stop the blood flow to the amygdalas and the lymbic system ;)

Kristina223

(This is kind of off-topic, but its about Lexapro, so I'll write it anyway)

I started taking Lexapro 3 months ago, 10 mg, and I feel an improvement. I can talk to people, I can go out for coffee with them, I can even joke. I'm a pretty weird human being, so some people still look at me like I'm a weirdo - I often say something unusual, get kind of aggressive in my sense of humor and I joke around singing stupid songs. So yeah, some of them look at me like I'm a creep, but the point is ... I don't care. Before Lexapro, I couldn't even open my mouth in front of people, and now I can say anything I want. Of course I'm not completely "healed" - I can only talk like that in front of half of my class, the half that doesn't act like "high-society". And sometimes, I do regret the things I said and I feel stupid ... but that doesn't prevent me from talking. The only problem now is that I feel like I have to replace (I don't know if "replace" is the proper word) all the moments I've been quiet. That's why I often become aggressive in my "joking around", and I don't like that. ::(:
Oh and of course, I still can't talk to strangers. ::eek::

Emma

I think Lexapro is pretty good, I used to take 200mg of Zoloft and it worked no-where near as well as Lexapro does.