Let's move...

ukchick

Just a thought after my recent trip to Cyprus.
I wonder if we'd feel better living in a hot and humid place where it's common to see people dripping with sweat who don't even flinch at the sight of sweat patches.
I noticed it every day...I guess I felt physically uncomfortable with my own dripping body but I wonder how I'd feel as far as confidence where it's the norm to be wet!
I'm thinking that it could possibly even slightly reduce your own sweating as the anxiety of it would decrease!
Just a thought...

Sacrament

That's clearly feasible, and the next big thing. We could all move to the Amazon jungle as well, since it's so humid there.

Zapheer

I moved to a rather warm country, froim UK, and to be fair its not really any better. Sure it's more common to see people sweat somtimes, but most of the time, people manage to stay pretty dry (especially the girls - always look awesomly dry). So personally i still stand out with my wet scalp and face most of the time. Also when you go out, say shopping, and you keep going from hot weather in to a shop with A/C and back out etcetc sweating seems to get worse.
Obviously it might depend on a country, but personally moving to a warm place was not a good idea :(

hyp-hi

A hot humid weather might make it easier to blend in, but it would not be more comfortable at least not physically.

Zapheer, you bring up an interesting point. Why is it that girls seem to sweat less then guys? I sometimes watch dancing shows where a couple performs a routine. At the end, the guys is usually sweating heavily while the girl is not. Maybe it has something to do with hormones.

Peony

A hot humid weather might make it easier to blend in, but it would not be more comfortable at least not physically.

Zapheer, you bring up an interesting point. Why is it that girls seem to sweat less then guys? I sometimes watch dancing shows where a couple performs a routine. At the end, the guys is usually sweating heavily while the girl is not. Maybe it has something to do with hormones.

Ha! I wish that was true in my case!! Im female and sweat from head to toe! :(

Sprawling

Having been raised on the East Coast of the US in suburbs of New York, high humidity was torture. You take a shower to wash off the sweat, get out, attempt to dry yourself, then you're drenched again. I grew up extemely sweaty from head to toe. I can live with the body sweat, the dripping hands were awful.

Peony

Having been raised on the East Coast of the US in suburbs of New York, high humidity was torture. You take a shower to wash off the sweat, get out, attempt to dry yourself, then you're drenched again. I grew up extemely sweaty from head to toe. I can live with the body sweat, the dripping hands were awful.

Where do you live now? I am from
Scotland. So nice and cold 95% of the time. But I hate the country, hate the people, everything. I am desperate to move. All my family live in Australia and Spain. I'm the only one left! (violin?) but I'm desperate to get out their an travel, but what would I work as? In a cafe? Eek! In a supermarket? With a nice crisp blue shirt? Eeeek! It's so depressing. I feel like I'm locked in a horrible prison and no one understands my pain. They all think I should "suck it up" and it's "only" a bit of sweat. I'm so depressed. Lol sorry for turning this into a sad post.

Sprawling

Peony, I'm now in the mid west part of the states in Utah. Way drier. When it's hot, the sweat still pours. No matter where one seems to run away, the sweat follows. Every place has some good aspects, try and embrace them... unless otherwise.

SweatSweatGoAway

I'm in Florida, and I don't remember the last time I got a look for having a soaked t shirt. Everybody acknowledges that it's hot, so it's not uncommon to see people with sweat patches on their clothes.

Peony

I'm in Florida, and I don't remember the last time I got a look for having a soaked t shirt. Everybody acknowledges that it's hot, so it's not uncommon to see people with sweat patches on their clothes.

And florida is a super awesome place so it doesn't even matter if you sweat. I love florida!!! :)