Left Arm Tingles

xSleepy

I had a panic attack today. Or actually I think it was anxiety. My mom was being really mean to me today and she made me really upset.

I was starting to shake and my heart was all fluttery and stuff... kinda like a panic attack, but not really. then my left arm started to feel strange. This never happens during my typical panic attacks. It felt like it was going kinda numb, and maybe even a little tingly. And it hurt a little too.
And I seriously was really really upset. the kind of upset where it feels like your world is ending.

So I was wondering if anyones ever had that happen. I know its normal to kinda ache in places when you have anxiety, but it scares me that it was only in my left arm. I know something happens to your left arm when you have a heart attack, but im only gonna be 20! I dont think it was a heart attack...I didnt have chest pain or shortness of breathe.

so does this happen to any of you? Do you think its normal?

This happens to me all the time, so I can assure you that it is normal. My arms, and sometimes my whole body will feel numb and tingly frequently. It can be in either arm, and I've had this feeling in the left arm many times. So it's nothing of concern :) !

Fairy001

The reason your left arm felt numb or odd is because of the adrenaline pumping around your body due to anixety. Fight or flight would have kicked in and your body produces a hormone from the adrenal glands, this increases your heart rate, consequently you feel it in your left arm. It is very common to feel this when you are under pressure and feelling very anxious. Hope this helps.

Peace xxx

oXyKevn

consider yourself lucky, and i assure you that you are fine, i have panic attacks daily now, and my left are goes numb, my chest hurts horribly, i can't breathe, my vision comes and goes, im convinced its a heart attack everytime and im 22, so i mean i chew up 20mg a valium immediately because im so convinced, and panicking while panicking i guess is why i have severe panic disorder, anyone have any suggestions to why i would feel like this everyday now? i take oxycontin, can this induce panic? (to sleepingbeauty)sorry to steal your thread.