Lacking of friends

desery

I'm just not into it. I can count people that I became friends my entire life with my 1 hand. Like close once. I do have family members I'm lucky to have them living with me that I got people to talk for everyday but getting friends seems like it's not for me. It doesn't interest me that much. When i do try to talk to someone to friendly chat them I just can't do it well. I can only talk to my family that I live with or the stranger kids. That's what I can only do. My comfort zone. I'm still expecting to find friends after all this years almost most of my life of lacking of friends.

Xervello

I'm just not into it. I can count people that I became friends my entire life with my 1 hand. Like close once. I do have family members I'm lucky to have them living with me that I got people to talk for everyday but getting friends seems like it's not for me. It doesn't interest me that much. When i do try to talk to someone to friendly chat them I just can't do it well. I can only talk to my family that I live with or the stranger kids. That's what I can only do. My comfort zone. I'm still expecting to find friends after all this years almost most of my life of lacking of friends.

Close friends are hard to find. Most people grow up around kids their age and become close based solely on geographical convenience. It's hard to imagine really that someone you truly connect with is gonna live next to you or happen into your life serendipitously. But don't give up. Though it can be a long, lonely quest, it IS worth it once you find that person that gets you, that you can rely on and you have that partner in crime for life. Until you find that person, keep trying. Make do with what people you do find - those that have similar interests, like the things you do, have common backgrounds, whatever it may be - and maybe that may blossom into a friendship. You have value. You have experiences, interests and a personality someone else will want to be apart of. Personally, I've only had one good friend in my life. And I didn't find them until late in my life. It took a lot of lonely years and helplessly hoping before I found them. Keep at it. :)

LoyalXenite

Close friends are hard to find. Most people grow up around kids their age and become close based solely on geographical convenience. It's hard to imagine really that someone you truly connect with is gonna live next to you or happen into your life serendipitously. But don't give up. Though it can be a long, lonely quest, it IS worth it once you find that person that gets you, that you can rely on and you have that partner in crime for life. Until you find that person, keep trying. Make do with what people you do find - those that have similar interests, like the things you do, have common backgrounds, whatever it may be - and maybe that may blossom into a friendship. You have value. You have experiences, interests and a personality someone else will want to be apart of. Personally, I've only had one good friend in my life. And I didn't find them until late in my life. It took a lot of lonely years and helplessly hoping before I found them. Keep at it. :)

I agree, if you're lucky enough to find that ride or die friend then its definitely worth the struggle it took to get there. I struggle with making friends like many of us on here (if not all of us) but I've been lucky enough to form a couple of close true friendships- unfortunately one of them died, but I still have one (and as a result I've gotten closer to her family too so I've got a couple people now). Close bonds are hard to find and rare to form, more so for people who struggle socially. But they are so worth it if you can find it.

Xervello

I agree, if you're lucky enough to find that ride or die friend then its definitely worth the struggle it took to get there. I struggle with making friends like many of us on here (if not all of us) but I've been lucky enough to form a couple of close true friendships- unfortunately one of them died, but I still have one (and as a result I've gotten closer to her family too so I've got a couple people now). Close bonds are hard to find and rare to form, more so for people who struggle socially. But they are so worth it if you can find it.

I'm sorry about your friend. To say that sucks would be an enormous understatement. Not too long ago my bestie had a health scare and along with my concern for their health I selfishly also thought about what I'd do if I lost them. It's a lonely, scary feeling. I'm happy to hear you've gotten closer to your other friend's family. That's awesome. :)

LoyalXenite

I'm sorry about your friend. To say that sucks would be an enormous understatement. Not too long ago my bestie had a health scare and along with my concern for their health I selfishly also thought about what I'd do if I lost them. It's a lonely, scary feeling. I'm happy to hear you've gotten closer to your other friend's family. That's awesome. :)

Yeah losing her really messed me up, this december will be 8 years and it hasnt gotten any easier yet. Im glad I still have someone coz for a while there we lost touch (coz I was in an emotionally abusive relationship and she ultimately cut me off from everyone). That period was pretty dark, so getting back in touch and rekindling our friendship has gotten me through my darkest moments (well that and my dogs).

desery

thank you :)