Labels and stereotyping

Krista

So today, my bestie and I went out to get some stuff for a party that we're going to. I'm actually pretty excited because I haven't did anything like this in awhile and I couldn't say no, it's a friend's birthday and we pulled into the parking lot of the mall where I noticed this older lady staring at us. I hate when people do that but I ignored it and we went inside. After awhile we ended up in the candle shop they had there looking through stuff and the same lady was in there. She saw us and stared at me again. Not only staring but taking note of my clothes, hair and tattoos. She had the gall to come up to us and ask me if I go to church because she does and it's a great place for healing. Wtf, does that mean? For one..I don't dress any different than anyone else except for today I was wearing my Alice Cooper t shirt? It made me super uncomfortable and I hate having to get into arguments with people, it makes my heart feel like it's working over time. But I couldn't keep my mouth shut so I told her no thanks and that Satan doesn't allow me to enter churches and she got pissed. Obviously she knew I was making a joke but she didn't like it. I have had people call me a lot of things for being quiet, nervous and dull at times but never that. Granted when we pulled up I was blaring Heretic Anthem by Slipknot but that's ridiculous.

Has something like that ever happened to you guys? Either because of your SA or appearance in general?

She just sounds like a bored, nosy old lady. No one has the right to presume that someone they have never meet before needs healing, that's just rude.

Enialis227

This happens to me. Mostly because of my hobbies and religion. I listen to metal music, play violent video games and play dungeons and dragons. I am also not Christian, and I live in the damn bible-belt of the US.
As far as I can tell, I AM Satan to most of these people.

Nack

Banned
Christianity just annoys the *bleep* outta me, not as a religion. But how some Christians push the religion into the minds of people.

206Raider

Yeah it happens, one time at my cousin's house the neighbor called the cops on me becuase she thought I was breaking into my own car. I was wearing a hood becuase it was raining I didn't do anything wrong, I got a couple Cd's out my car like 2 times and then the cops come knocking, they were like "we need to speak to you".....so I went outside and they immediatly said "why do you look so guilty?" I gave them the "wtf are you talking about face" and said "guilty of what". they said they got a call that I broke into a car and ran inside my cousin's house. I said "yeah, okay I broke into my own car" they weren't happy and were amd that I wass getting an attitude, and showed them the keys and that they opened the car and showed them all my paperwork.....the lady came over and apologized and I didn't even look at her and said "yeah, okay whatever". and closed the door in her face.

you were just a victim of people not minding there own business, I would have said the same thing to her. I hate when people say dumb shit like that.

Krista

This happens to me. Mostly because of my hobbies and religion. I listen to metal music, play violent video games and play dungeons and dragons. I am also not Christian, and I live in the damn bible-belt of the US.
As far as I can tell, I AM Satan to most of these people.

HA! Exactly. I mean violent video games and DD are my forte lol but I wouldn't change that. The horrible thing is that I do consider myself a Christian even though I don't go to church. To many rules, I don't need someone telling me how to get closer to God when I already know how.

this_portrait

I used to heavily dress myself in black clothes and makeup back in high school, and my classmates would throw the "Satanist" and "witch" comments at me constantly. Surprisingly, I rarely ever had teachers dislike me for the way I dressed.

206Raider

I consider myself a christian too, but I haven't gone to church in years, some people are way too blind with it. I hate people telling me, "look to god he knows the answers". or "god will listen and help you". or my personal favorite "you not doing right in god's eyes come to church and see the light"..I believe in god but I always kinda laugh when I hear people say "Hallelujah, Lord Almighty god has come down and saved my soul, praise jesus" then afterwards there smoking crystal meth in there car.

Krista

I consider myself a christian too, but I haven't gone to church in years, some people are way too blind with it. I hate people telling me, "look to god he knows the answers". or "god will listen and help you". or my personal favorite "you not doing right in god's eyes come to church and see the light"..I believe in god but I always kinda laugh when I hear people say "Hallelujah, Lord Almighty god has come down and saved my soul, praise jesus" then afterwards there smoking crystal meth in there car.

Lol...that's what I always did after church....kidding. It wasn't meth I was smoking but something else. Yikes, God's gonna smite me for that one but seriously my mom is an intense Christian and when I was little she used to tell me I had demons in me and kept me away from the rest of the family. I actually was locked in my room everday after school until I left there to live with my grandma. I think that's why I don't care for people who claim they're "Christians" because as far as I'm concerned you're going to go to Hell for doing stuff like that.

206Raider

yeah a lot of people are a lil too crazy, locking you in your room? for demons? me and my demons party everyday I don't see the big deal? lol, no I know what you mean. My grandma is always talking to me about God. My grandpa was a drunk 24/7 who never went to church so I don't know how they stayed together, but my grandpa was really cool, he was nice to me becuase my chirstian grandma wasn't a lot of times and he would give me money and start cryin tellin everybody how much he loved them but thats just who he was and he died 2 years ago so R.I.P. and now my grandma can be really vicious witht he insults about church and my life but I still love her even if she is kinda crazy.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I was labeled as something that came from hell at the age of 6 because i liked to draw dragons and demons. LOL. I am often asked if I am Satanic or if i kill animals in some unholy rituals (Sadly, i am serious, they have asked me this). I've been forced to pray and isolated from my classmates when i was a child, because I was a bad influence and I had the devil in my blood. Now a days, a few people fear me and try to keep a distance because of the way i dress. I've been told I look like the Devil (Really, I didn't know the devil looked like a girl. What a surprise!). I have a long list of religion related shit to tell, that I'd need a whole thread especially for that. Geez... so many delusional people out there.