Just venting out

Steppen-Wolf

Ok, this is rather silly. But I've backed myself into a corner and right now I don't really have anyone with whom I can talk about this kind of thing.

Around 5 or 6 years ago I met this girl through the web. She was from another country but right away we clicked in a manner that was rather unique for me. We became close friends and eventually we even became a couple. Which was rather amazing for me because she was a perfectly "normal", well adjusted, beautiful and charming girl while I was... someone who was at the bottom of his SA.

A couple of years went by and the inevitable happened, we grew appart, the relationship ended and what was far worse, the friendship ended. That was what really got me. It hit me like nothing before and it took me years to finally overcome all the bad feelings that such a situation left me with. Quite ironically because of that I hit rock bottom and in turn managed to finally find the courage to tackle my problem and at least make some improvements in my life.

In any case, I don't really think much about her anymore. And since some time ago I've feelt like I'm finally over her.

And then tonight by random chance I saw a picture of her on FB. And godammn it... it was like getting hit by a truck. The exact feelings are hard to describe and aren't directly related to her, but seeing her again kind of reminded me of those nasty feelings of loss and abandonment. She represents what my life could and should have been, she's the kind of person that I would have had as a friend and partner. And being reminded of that just makes me face how much I've lost just because of my SA...

Oh well, I guess tomorrow will be another day. I just needed to vent out, thanks to anyone who bothers reading this : P.

MikeyC

Long-distance relationships are difficult to keep going. It was inevitable that it would end.

Did you two ever meet each other?