Just one bad event/ interpretation can ruin my day

Zarrix

I hate my mind sometimes, because it is so damn brittle. Just one stuff-up/ putdown and you are depressed for the rest of the day. Damn it sucks. For example at work yesterday, my ear caught a conversation where they may of been talking negatively about me. After that I felt sick and wanted to be a lone. Then someone pulled a sneaky joke about my nervousness.

It sucks going out of the house like this, knowing your happiness is like brittle glass, one hit and it smashes all over the place.

slicenrice

it sucks most when your happiness is essentially non existent, and the best you can muster up is finding life to be "bearable". but yeah, it always sucks when those moments ruin a whole day. its like i am so sensitive to everything it sucks. but right now it is big things that are ruining my days (more like weeks, and months), which i find even worse :(

I know how you feel :(. If someone says one negative thing about me I feel horrible the whole rest of the day. I just obsess about it, thinking about what I should of done to prevent this, or what I should have done afterwords. I mean like if I get one negative comment on something I have did I'm very likely to just throw it all away. All that work for nothing, just because of a few simple words. It's ridiculous.

spaz

I do that too, but I also tend to believe the negative stuff that someone says, and take it on board. Sucks to have low self esteem.

recluse

If someone fgives me a positive comment i quickly forget about it, but negative comments stick with me for life, which is shit. I wish i had a thick skin :cry:

spaz

recluse said:
If someone fgives me a positive comment i quickly forget about it, but negative comments stick with me for life, which is shit. I wish i had a thick skin :cry:

Me too! I need to learn to accept compliments.

Zarrix

recluse said:

Sometimes Im so bad that I can interpret intentionally positive comments with a negative taint =(. Example if someone is considerate enough to help me out, Ill think that they are only helping me because I am an idiot. Go figure.

bleach

Banned
recluse said:

Yup. That was the way I was taught to think.