Just G, That's Me: The Vlogs

Phoenixx

Welcome back! Nice vlogs, glad to hear you've been doing great with your SA. :) Have you been doing this all on your own, or have you seen a therapist too?

Interesting career choice, a sports commentator. Any particular reason why you chose that? If you explained in the video, I apologize if I missed it. Haven't been focusing well today.

Just G

Welcome back! Nice vlogs, glad to hear you've been doing great with your SA. :) Have you been doing this all on your own, or have you seen a therapist too?

Interesting career choice, a sports commentator. Any particular reason why you chose that? If you explained in the video, I apologize if I missed it. Haven't been focusing well today.

Yes, I've been the seeing the same therapist on-again off-again for the last 4/5 years. I think my therapist has helped just by listening, being unbiased, and by putting what all is said in our sessions into perspective.

However, while I do acknowledge that my therapist has aided the process of recovering, I would like to think I'm responsible for the changes in my life. At the end of the day, no one else can make those changes and live your life for you. You get what you put in, and you determine what happens next.

I look to start my career in sports broadcasting, mainly because I love watching sports, and I feel like it's something I can banter about with little to no effort. I easily absorb facts, figures, and statistics about various athletes, and I can usually recall at the drop of a hat their dimensions (height, weight, wing-span, etc.) and what college they went to, what they had for breakfast, and etc. ;-)

Plus, a part of me likes the idea of performing in front of a camera or having my voice heard. Unlike in alot of other professions in the world, I can be an individual; I can be a personality. I can be creative. I can be expressive. I can essentially carve my own niche and be unique to everything else out there.

Part of it too, is that I want to have a legacy; I want to be remembered. Sure, some may perceive me as having lofty expectations, but that's why I think it's so appealing. Because if you acheive something that's out of reach, then it makes it that much more satisfactory in the end. Living is all about having goals and shooting for the stars. When you have no challenge, when you grow complacent, then that's when you're dead.

And about professional wrestling, which is really the business I want to get into, well, that's a little harder to explain without people thinking I've lost my mind. Maybe I'll reserve that for another vlog. ;-)

Phoenixx

Yes, I've been the seeing the same therapist on-again off-again for the last 4/5 years. I think my therapist has helped just by listening, being unbiased, and by putting what all is said in our sessions into perspective.

However, while I do acknowledge that my therapist has aided the process of recovering, I would like to think I'm responsible for the changes in my life. At the end of the day, no one else can make those changes and live your life for you. You get what you put in, and you determine what happens next.
^ Well, sounds like you have a very good therapist. :) Gotta admit, I envy your determination. I mean, I believe you said in your vlog that you lost almost 100 lbs. since high school? and now you're overcoming SA. That's awesome! Keep it up!

I look to start my career in sports broadcasting, mainly because I love watching sports, and I feel like it's something I can banter about with little to no effort. I easily absorb facts, figures, and statistics about various athletes, and I can usually recall at the drop of a hat their dimensions (height, weight, wing-span, etc.) and what college they went to, what they had for breakfast, and etc. ;-)

Plus, a part of me likes the idea of performing in front of a camera or having my voice heard. Unlike in alot of other professions in the world, I can be an individual; I can be a personality. I can be creative. I can be expressive. I can essentially carve my own niche and be unique to everything else out there.
^ That's really cool. I could never have a job in front of a camera. Sure, I'll admit I've always wanted to try a little bit of acting. But I'm WAY too shy for that. It's bad enough I hate cameras directed towards me, I can't even take a picture or video of myself.

Living is all about having goals and shooting for the stars. When you have no challenge, when you grow complacent, then that's when you're dead.
^ Love this quote. I couldn't agree more. :)