Just a little goodbye note...

EnigmatiConduit

Hey Guys,

Not that I have been on here that long, so no one will really notice my absence, except for maybe how argumentative i have been ha.

I just wanted to say i hope you all find peace, but i wish you could try to not be so damn jaded, cynical and negative! Don't take this as an attack on any of you - I've just been there, it's a waste of time. Do you like how you feel right now, do you find pleasure and satisfaction from turning everything horribly negative that doesn't have to be? I'm sure you don't! My undoubtedly unwanted advice is to take a step toward changing your attitudes. Stop closing yourselves off to your lives and looking at each aspect of it with such adversity and negativity. This truly is such a damaging path to follow. I understand all of us do have our issues, as do I, but hiding away, almost indulging in these threads as an escape isn’t healthy – as I realise most of you will say you are not doing this. There is so much irony, with what is said VS how you all act and feel within your lives. Once you realise the detrimental patterns in your thoughts, and take active steps to change and improve this – your lives can and will become so much richer and more enjoyable.

Some of you have said you have been able to rewire yourselves and force yourselves to do things – for example, removing the want for sex. If you are that strong, you are certainly capable of changing your SA and any other undesirables! Tackle those things instead of focusing all your energy on altering aspects that would otherwise not be a greater issue.

Take note however that I am not saying everything I have posted within threads is correct, these comments were obviously just my opinions – but they were positive none the less and that is the important part.

For me this site has not been of any assistance, but rather a real push to improve myself as I do not want to involve myself within all the negative chatter.

I sincerely wish you all the best
Goodluck!

Steppen-Wolf

I don't think anyone can have a realistic expectation that an Internet forum will seriously help them get over something like SA.

I believe most of us just want to find some understanding and kindness fitting of those who comprehend our situation better than anyone else, those who suffer in the same way.

And in such a task I truly believe this forum succeeds... I really don't know any of you, at all, and 95% of the users here come from places and cultures that have little to nothing in common with mine. Yet, in a weird way I feel closer to this group of strangers on the Internet than anyone else in real life by the simple fact that we share that common grievance... In our loneliness, in our dark moments of depression we can count on coming here to express what we feel without fear of judgement or ridicule, as we are amongst our peers, those who carry the same burden as us.

PD: I think I'm overly dramatic in my posts sometimes lol.
PD2: You should see the Spanish version of this forum, SPW is like a party in comparison.

Rufus

Shame to see you leaving! I for one enjoyed your posts on here.

May the road rise up to meet you. Farewell :)