Jobs in HTML/CSS Coding, Web Design and Graphic Design

Island_chic

Well I went to school for graphic design about 8 years ago and I had really bad social anxiety and self esteem issues and never finished my portfolio or got a job. I was thinking of going back to school for web design. Do any of you work online? Do you enjoy what you do?

market.garden

Well I went to school for graphic design about 8 years ago and I had really bad social anxiety and self esteem issues and never finished my portfolio or got a job. I was thinking of going back to school for web design. Do any of you work online? Do you enjoy what you do?

I work online. Online content management for a charity - kind of a mix of stuff - web design, graphic design, article writing and tweaking things in code.

I like it, and I find that once I get over the nerves of meeting new people and being in the workplace, the job mostly allows me to get on with my own thing. As it's a job where I don't have to go out and meet clients or anything like that, it suits my anxiety better.

From my own experience, I'd say getting a good portfolio is pretty useful, and I wish I'd gone to a class or studied something like graphic design or web design in particular. At the moment, I'm self taught to a reasonable level, but I can see myself struggling unless I apply myself to *really* learn something in particular, and master that.

Sora

Self teaching is the best in this circumstance, honestly!
I've been to college and they are still teaching the basics. They teach you how to code tables...yes everyone should know that but come on, it's so basic you can learn that yourself in an hour or two and for free.

Self teach is the way forward in this field! Just my opinion (being teaching myself since I was 14). Probably not as good as I should be code wise but I'm a designer more than anything so coding for me is a very hard to understand but I can do html and css. As soon as it comes to proper programming my head just hurts lol

Imaginary

I'm an illustrator freelance, sometime a jobless, but yeah, I need more job because it's still not enough.