Joaquin Phoenix... anxious Letterman interview??

PinkFrog

Yeah, it was especially interesting that he had on sunglasses while in a stage room. Something I would definitely do. lol.

But, a lot of people have said that this is all just a "put on", or just one big joke. I personally always thought Joaquin was a bit different than other famous actors, and it's what I liked about him. I think he might be just coming out to his true self? You never know?

Danfalc

Banned
I watched this a while back and couldnt help but cringe,There are alot of rumors saying that its all a prank because he's also claiming to quit acting and start his rap career...also at the end of the interview he takes his shaded off and appears to say good job to the host.All this while hes having a film documentary done about him.

Still,if he was faking it he totaly nailed how maybe a social anxious person would be on a live tv interview.If he really is poorly or was even just stoned off his rocker,his agent or whatever should of never let him go on like that,poor guy.

Blueberry

If he´s not faking it then I think he has a serious drug problem. His brother River died from a drug overdose a few years back, right? I think that actors live in their own little world and I think it must be difficult for them sometimes to know what reality really is.

Danfalc

Banned
If he´s not faking it then I think he has a serious drug problem. His brother River died from a drug overdose a few years back, right? I think that actors live in their own little world and I think it must be difficult for them sometimes to know what reality really is.

I agree..its really sad because the guy obviously needs help,his manager...friends or fammily or someone should drag him out of the spotlight,and get him the help he needs..instead of it being like hes the butt of a joke everyone is in on except him.

Really opens your eyes to how much stigma there still is about these sorta things,when ive seen the media talking about his interviews or what ever is going on with him at the moment..Its just like some sort of sick entertainment for most people :confused: It looks like hes having some sort of meltdown..drug related or not,hes doesnt need the world being a witness to it.I hope he gets better soon.

seekeroftruth

I just watched this, I think it was a big joke, Letterman's responses were hilarious, I wonder if he was in on it.

j_brown2

Banned
I think it was a big joke too, if joaquin blushed once I would believe it's real. it was quite funny how many times he said I don't know, or the joke about the kid being drunk... even if it was true not fake I think they all handled it in a rather cool way except for a few situations lol

maybe he is preparing for an acting role as a social phobic... lookin down, playing with his hands, once neck twitching while lookin into the public and his voice shaking once was convincing... Iam confused about the end though where he took his shades off

SickJoke

I think it was a big joke too, if joaquin blushed once I would believe it's real. it was quite funny how many times he said I don't know, or the joke about the kid being drunk... even if it was true not fake I think they all handled it in a rather cool way except for a few situations lol

maybe he is preparing for an acting role as a social phobic... lookin down, playing with his hands, once neck twitching while lookin into the public and his voice shaking once was convincing... Iam confused about the end though where he took his shades off

Nah, it's clearly not a joke man, he was nervous as hell. Some people blush in social situations, sure, but he was beyond that. When someone is terrified, they lose all color in their face, like they've seen a ghost. This poor guy was scared out of his mind.

DaaaBulls

In my opinion this was not a joke. I know there are good actors out there but there is no way that someone can act like this, make all the different body movements, twitches, etc. You guys have to remember that this guy is human, he is just like you or me. I think too often we see actors or sports stars as being superior beings in some sense when in fact we are probably more stable then they are. And it wouldn't be that hard if you were Letterman to start making jokes and go with the flow of the audiences laughter.

j_brown2

Banned
I duno if it were real letterman sure couldn't be an ass and joke bout him. Good actors feel like the character they are playing so I duno. I did see some others videos of him some months ago where he acted/was the same as here, could be true than,

seekeroftruth

Reasons why I think it was a joke:
1)a movie set and a stage is about as public as someone can get, some actor's are shy in real life but they could not be polar opposite and have a successful acting career.
2)he held in a laugh on at least one occasion during the interview.
3)Dave's quips seemed like he thought it was a joke too.
4)after putting the gum under Dave's desk he politely removed it.
5)at the end of the interview he stood up, took his glasses off, shook Dave's hand and said "good job"

If it wasn't a joke he was ****ed on drugs, I don't think it was SA.

Last edited:

hyp-hi

I don't think it was an act or drugs. I agree that it is social anxiety related. I think he is uncomfortable doing interviews in front of lots of people and he didn't want to be there, so he just kinda showed up and tried to wait it out.