Jigsaw Therapy

This is going to sound strange, I think. I'm bored.

This question is inspired by the Saw movie series, and its clever killer, Jigsaw.
If you were forced to undergo a life-threatening test/task (death traps) where your will to survive had to be proven, and you survived because you fought for your life, would you appreciate your life more? Would your life have new meaning? (Not to downplay your current situation or struggles)

I realize that many of us have already had near-death experiences, possibly in the form of being suicidal, or just continuing to live each day. But, you know what I mean.

lithium

That's a good question. I guess after under-going a Saw scenario I might see life in a new light. It's hard to tell though. If I lost an arm or leg in the process I might just be devastated and just off myself because of that, lol.

philly2bits

It's hard to say. I don't think anyone can really tell how they would be affected by something like that until it happens to them. Some people may see there life in a new light and be changed for the better. Others may not change at all or may be worse off because of the trauma and there inability to deal with it.

It's hard to say. I don't think anyone can really tell how they would be affected by something like that until it happens to them. Some people may see there life in a new light and be changed for the better. Others may not change at all or may be worse off because of the trauma and there inability to deal with it.

Yeah, I believe it could go either way. These fears of mine seem so childish, even though I have good reason. Perhaps a jolt would do me some good.

Nack

Banned
The fact that I'll be the first one dead is probable. And the fact that the Jigsaw guy is like religion; he pushes his beliefs on people :\

philly2bits

Yeah, I believe it could go either way. These fears of mine seem so childish, even though I have good reason. Perhaps a jolt would do me some good.

I think a jolt would do me good too. But like I said it could go either way. I could actually get worse with a jolt rather then better. I'm sort of hesitant to get a jolt for that reason.

I'm at a point in my life where I'm unsure of how far I'm willing to go. I badly desire things and can taste them, but can't seem to find the will to achieve. I suppose that is what I'm trying to say with this thread - the underlying issue.

Last edited:

Klaus

I'm at a point in my life where I'm unsure of how far I'm willing to go. I badly desire things and can taste them, but can't seem to find the will to achieve. I suppose that is what I'm trying to say with this thread - the underlaying issue.

Jigsaw therapy would kill me. I would for sure refuse to do what the sick guy wanted me to do.

hippiechild

Neato thread :D

It seems like a near death experience like coming out of a coma, barely surviving a fatal car accident or recovering from cancer would have very different effects than the near death experiences that come with Jigsaw's puzzles: having your arms torn off, face mutilated with razors, leg sawed away, friends blown to smithereens before your eyes or eyes gouged out with a scalpel .

like, the difference in outlook of a cancer survivor is very different than a tortured rape victim... both had their brush with death, but the interpreted meaning of the experience is totally different....

with that said, I'd probably just totally lose my mind, all trust in humanity and spend the rest of my days in a state of paranoid lunacy

hippiechild

If anyone has thoughts on what makes certain near death experiences crippling and others enlightening, I'd love to hear

mrb

the nearest iv come to death is drowning , these kids took it in turns to hold me under the water , the pain in my chest really hurt were i couldnt breath ...... then the pain stopped it was like i was in a dream , saw my past life flashing b4 my eyes ... next i knew i was coughing up water with some woman crying next to me , and some bloke shouting hes going to be alright ... but i was only a kid so i didnt really think to much about the fact i nearly drowned ... as far as saw in concerned yep iv seen it , no way would i want to go through that :eek: