It's raining in the crotch area

Sprawling

Lately the sweating has been awful through out my entire body. I can deal with to a point, but when the crotch and butt area becomes the focal point of monsoons of rain... yuck! It's annoying to constantly having to change my briefs several times a day, then having to hang them up to dry. I'm even starting to soak through my pants. I guess I can attribute it to MANopause, being a male in my 50's.

Eating makes me sweat, thinking to much makes me sweat, even simple walking around the house unleashes the storm clouds in my body. Gotta love it ::eek::! Between the uncontrollable body rain, and a serious case of fibromyalgia, I feel doomed, depressed and wet.

On the bright side, Ionto is still working for my hands, except not as well the past few days. I guess I'll just shorten the days between my maintenance treatments.

I was wishing I can make the bathtub into one big iontopheresis tank. Not talking suicidal here, just wanting to get dry so to speak. If this far fetched idea worked, where would all the sweat go? Would my body build up with sweat like an over sized zit then PoP? Maybe I'd pop? Geez, I'd be a water balloon.

I just needed to vent. I've had HH since at least the age of 5 that I can remember. So all you folks out there that think it will go away... it doesn't. Actually it will go away at some point when I become one with the master sweat GOD's. Could it be that our maker is actually just a blob of sweat?

Please don't suggest any drugs, I'm well aware of them and I take more than enough to control the fibro. I just needed to rant and rave before I sweat away.

It's not really the same.....but I get quite sweaty hands and feet. I went to the doctor, they gave me tablets to keep it under control. Maybe they could give you the same or something stronger?
It just depends....I'm British, so I get it for free. But...hmmm. Sorry, I don't really know how I can help if you're living in America. Can they not give you something stronger to stop you perspiring?

I'm guessing this excessive sweating is also related to anxiety?

unleashed

same here, i get sick of it especially in front of other people, its pretty hard to feel attractive when sweating like an eskimo is hell ::(:

ChrystaR

I don't have HH, but I do sweat a fair amount.

I have large breasts, and I sweat a lot underneath them. It's so bad that I am constantly putting on powder so I'm not all sticky and gross. Along with my regular mild acne and blackheads, I have blackheads on my breasts as well from all the sweat, oil and dirt that builds up. I mean of course I wash, but washing your face never made acne go away there either, did it?

Plus, I have terrible nightsweats. Sometimes every night, but they have been spacing out more lately. But I sleep twelve hours and I bascially spend that entire time pouring sweat. Soaking myself and my sheets and pillows, it's really gross. Then the sweat cools and I get cold and start shivering, and am curled up tightly in my blanket to stay warm, but am giving my body no way to dry so I just stay wet for hours. It's horrible!

And like you, having no treaments that have worked, I also have no way to fix this, as no doctor can tell me why in the hell I have nightsweats at age 20 to begin with. (And it isn't my female hormones either, as those have been tested plenty of times.) :mad:

But, even before my health problems and phobia for that matter, I always sweat more than others seemed to. At school, after PE I was all red and sweaty while everyone else looked normal. I was like, what the hell? Funnily enough though, my sister and dad both sweat more than I do, their face drips sweat when they are hot, and my face doesn't really sweat at all.

Ok, enough sweat talk from me. ::p:

hyp-hi

An ionto bath. I like that idea! It might actually be possible with the right setup. Anyone want to try an experiment?

I don't have HH, but I do sweat a fair amount.

I have large breasts, and I sweat a lot underneath them. It's so bad that I am constantly putting on powder so I'm not all sticky and gross. Along with my regular mild acne and blackheads, I have blackheads on my breasts as well from all the sweat, oil and dirt that builds up. I mean of course I wash, but washing your face never made acne go away there either, did it?

Plus, I have terrible nightsweats. Sometimes every night, but they have been spacing out more lately. But I sleep twelve hours and I bascially spend that entire time pouring sweat. Soaking myself and my sheets and pillows, it's really gross. Then the sweat cools and I get cold and start shivering, and am curled up tightly in my blanket to stay warm, but am giving my body no way to dry so I just stay wet for hours. It's horrible!

And like you, having no treaments that have worked, I also have no way to fix this, as no doctor can tell me why in the hell I have nightsweats at age 20 to begin with. (And it isn't my female hormones either, as those have been tested plenty of times.) :mad:

But, even before my health problems and phobia for that matter, I always sweat more than others seemed to. At school, after PE I was all red and sweaty while everyone else looked normal. I was like, what the hell? Funnily enough though, my sister and dad both sweat more than I do, their face drips sweat when they are hot, and my face doesn't really sweat at all.

Ok, enough sweat talk from me. ::p:

Have you ever had your thyroid checked?

I just needed to vent. I've had HH since at least the age of 5 that I can remember. So all you folks out there that think it will go away... it doesn't. Actually it will go away at some point when I become one with the master sweat GOD's. Could it be that our maker is actually just a blob of sweat?

Please don't suggest any drugs, I'm well aware of them and I take more than enough to control the fibro. I just needed to rant and rave before I sweat away.

Rant away good sir, ranting does help sometimes :)

Sprawling

If an ionto bath to work, basically all one would need to do is stick the positive and negative leads of the ionto machine into the tub. It would be interesting?

Another thought I have would be to wear a big water soaked diaper, stick leads to it and see if ionto will cure the groin sweat? Of course the sweat WILL come out somewhere else, as always.

Yes, ranting and sharing is therapeutic.

Yes. I have thyroid disease, but have been being treated for it for four years.

I was just asking because you said you don't have HH but the sweating thing I get. I fluctuate between hyper and normal thyroid because an immune disorder. But I always know my my thyroid is acting up because like that exactly how you described!!!

ukchick

Hi
Not sure it would help you out but I actually use Maxim in that area. I have to apply in nightly with cotton wool and this keeps me dry. It's not cheap but I can now confidently go to school meetings etc without the stress of worrying if I'm leaving huge wet patches on the plastic seats.
Hope that helps x

Sprawling

I have tried Certain Dry and rolled it on around the groin, butt and lower back and it actually helped. It was easy to spot the areas I missed by the wet patches. Luckily for me the sweating becomes less with cooler weather.