It's all in your head

SeptembersGold19

I KNOW THIS IS A LITTLE LONG, BUT PLEASE READ. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

Hello, I just wanted opinions here. I literally cannot control my social anxiety. I feel nervous ALL the time, for no reason. I CAN'T CONTROL IT. It is a FEELING. This is how I try to explain it to other people... When you feel hungry, can you tell yourself to stop feeling hungry and then all of a sudden you'll stop feeling hungry?NO. Can you help it when you feel hungry? Or, when you feel tired, can you control it? Or does it just kind of happen... if you sit there and try to tell yourself that you don't feel tired anymore... are you all of a sudden going to "snap out of it" and magically not feel tired? NO. Well, I don't know about everyone else, but that's how I feel with my anxiety. I CAN NOT CONTROL IT. I have tried everything. I HATE IT when people say "take a deep breath" or "try talking to yourself" It's like, first of all, OH, THANKS, THAT'S ALL I'VE HAD TO DO ALL THESE YEARS?! and wow, Hmmm... you think I haven't tried that before??? Do you honestly think that I don't do that anyways every time I have anxiety!? People who don't have anxiety REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND! I HATE how the word "panic attack" gets thrown around, and I HATE how some people say "oh you can control it. It's like pain. IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD. Well guess what. The next person that tells me that anxiety or pain is "all in your head," I am going to pick up the nearest object, slam it in their head, and then continue to ask them, "is the pain you are currently feeling all in YOUR head???" (not literally... well you know what i mean!)
UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kat

Yeah, I know what you mean I have had people try to normalize it and because most people with social phobia don’t really seem like they have lost their mind people try to pass it off as nothing. That can be just as frustrating because they tend to compare it to normal levels of anxiety and they think if they can deal with it then you should be able to suck it up. What’s considered normal anxiety to me is meeting people for the first time and making speeches or if your fears are actually happening whilst you’re anxious and the first two of what I mentioned is what usually most people can relate to but really it’s nothing in comparison it’s a mild dose of anxiety really because it’s a once off and usually either those situations happen rarely or you don’t experience it anymore after the first time.

I am not sure if anyone can fully understand this, it’s one of those things you have to experience to really understand the significance of it.

Confuseddd

Yeap i hear ya, its easier said then done, and they have no idea just how hard it is. also i love your signature, that song man.... no words

Last edited: