its all in the way you think

just wanna b normal

first of all you you need to know the possible causes of social anxiety are bad experience you had at a social situation in the past! calm down relax & stop having negative beliefs about oneself, the world or other people! start thinking positive having a positive outlook love & accept yourself for who you are no matter what others think!

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I’ve started doing little things that I never would have done in the past. Things that I’d be too self-conscious to do for fear of getting an undesirable reaction. Rationally, I know I’m being overly sensitive, and that I’m not the center of the whole universe, but until I test those notions, it’s hard to make them go away. The past few days, every where I’ve gone, I’ve worn bedroom slippers. The fear is that people are gonna stop in their tracks and point and laugh and say “That guy’s walking around in bedroom slippers!” But so far, no one has even noticed, and if they did, they didn’t give a rat’s ass what I had on my feet.

EscapeArtist

^ Nice!!! Ive considered doing something like that. Wearing something odd around all the time, face paint, or something. I really want to go barefoot everywhere.. except glass stops me.

Confuseddd

i agree with you slightly. I believe perception is key in life. The way one percieves something in there own mind will greatly effect them. Perception is a belief one has due to past knowledge. The sub concious mind ties cognitive thought and emotion to your perception. Thus over time you associate what ever your perceptions may be to what is happening in real time. I also believe that healing starts by changing your perception through understanding WHY you think and act the way you do. Once you understand the thought process your sub-concious mind tells your concious mind, you can then start to tell yourself this association that you are making due to those past perceptions are wrong. This is a long process that you must believe will work, or else it will not work. It is very similar to positive thinking, only thing is you are taking it a step further and attempting to understand the stimulus that triggers a sub concious perception.