It was my birthday today and...

Awkward Annie

...I decided not to go out. I invited a few people last week. I then didn't make any definite plans and just left it. I feel so silly but the thought of going out and trying to make conversation and being funny and light-hearted especially when all the attention would be on me was just so unappealing.

I feel like I've taken a step backwards but I didn't WANT to go out. Yeah, I would have loved company and chat and laughter but I didn't want to go out. Does that make sense?

Lost Girl

Happy Birthday, Annie :)

I have had a few birthdays where Ipurposfully didnt make plans, and turned the phones off. I didn't feel particularly weird about it, well once or twice maybe, when I was sure that people were calling...but in the end - its YOUR birthday. If you don't want a fuss, and would rather spend it alone, then thats your perogative. Enjoy it as your please. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE!!:)
Yes, what you said made sense to me, I could understand what you meant. Don't berate yourself about it, we do what we have to, in order to survive Annie.

Heh... Try going out for your birthday, and nobody showing up?!
Actually wait... one person showed up and left within minutes 'cos he was bored!

I will now forever dread birthdays...

Oh and i was also at Oxegen (a 4 day festival), and Oasis in Slane on my own 'cos people didnt want me with them.

Pathetic or what?!

Harleyq

Happy birthday!

And because it's your birthday, you should be able to do what you feel like doing and if you don't feel like going out, fine. I remember throwing parties on my birthday not because I wanted to, but because I had friends that wanted me to - it was more for them than for me.

Aye.. with me i wanted consolation i still have friends.

Oh and Happy Birthday Annie!
(my friend hates people sayin' happy birthday.. Hopefully you aint the same)

Nack

Banned
Happy Birthday? Or just Birthday, you can cross out the "happy". I just turn 20, a couple of days ago... it was like any other day :\

Awkward Annie

Thank you all for your birthday wishes. I feel a bit better about it today. It's really no big deal. My counsellor asked me a few years ago what I did for my 21st birthday and when I told her that I couldn't remember she got visibly upset and said it was very sad. I think her comment put more pressure on me to feel like I had to do something big and social.

Luke1993

Heh... Try going out for your birthday, and nobody showing up?!
Actually wait... one person showed up and left within minutes 'cos he was bored!

I will now forever dread birthdays...

Oh and i was also at Oxegen (a 4 day festival), and Oasis in Slane on my own 'cos people didnt want me with them.

Pathetic or what?!

haha story time! (well i dunno if anyone will care anyway just skip this if you don't want to read it)

A friend (well she's actually a former friend's mother but anyway) text me saying "Can you please get me a dvd of kings of leon live at oxegen?" i assumed (as she's not the brightest spark) meant the O2 arena (since O2 is the scientific equation for oxygen). But yeah turns out oxegen is an irish music festival!

Anyway......I wish I could have a birthday party.