Iseesky - WAKE UP!

Iseesky

Monday evening was a bit of a wakeup call for me. My dad confronted me about how I need to start doing things for myself. Unlike my mom, my dad doesn't understand what it means to be anxious. He just doesn't. And I don't blame him for not understanding. But I was really upset. I felt like I had been making so much progress and then he goes and completely dismisses it (because progress for me is just another day for a 'normal' person).

But anyway...I cried myself to sleep, woke up with puffy eyes and decided ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Whether I'll be able to really follow through with this, I don't know. But it's worth a try.

The first thing I did was call my cousin to ask if she would start jogging with me a couple times a week (starting small/slow!). I exercise at work (thank goodness for accepting bosses!) twice a week, but I've always wanted to jog/run. It's something I've avoided because I can picture everyone looking at me as they drive by. I'm hoping I'll soon be able to do it on my own and make it a regular thing. So there's that!

Then this morning I made it a rule that I need to get out of the office at least 3 times a week. I make my lunch at home and bring it in...Unless I need to get something (and generally I don't need to get anything so badly that I have to leave the office during work to get it), I don't leave the office until my work day is over. Currently we exercise outside twice a week. In the fall/winter it'll get more tricky because we move to a boardroom inside. But the two exercise classes count as two 'get out of the office's. So today I went to starbucks and got coffee. That's my 3 days taken care of already. It doesn't sound like much, but it's something I can very easily accomplish. There's no point in setting goals that aren't going to get done!

Also today, I called the bank. And then on a whim I decided to make an appointment to get my hair cut and dyed at a local salon. I haven't gotten my hair cut professionally in at least 5 years. Since high school, I've been cutting it myself. It's quite easy if you have long, wavy hair like I do. :giggle: I haven't had any mess ups yet! But I decided...why not?! So this Friday I'm going to get my hair done after work and I'm so very excited!

This weekend my plan is to go to our cabin. It'll require me to drive through the CA/US border. I'm nervous driving through the border when someone else is driving, so the thought of me driving through by myself is terrifying. And I'm not going to hold it against myself if I chicken out and ask for a ride, but I feel like I might be able to do it. :)

Anyway, I don't know how long it'll last, but I really want to change. I want it to feel normal to do these things...

Last edited: