Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I heard that this mediine zanax or xanax is really good against SA
but its really addictional?
Has anybody some experiences with it?

xxx

Danfalc

Banned
Yeah it's really good in that it's a sedative.It doesn't take your anxiety away per say it just masks it.It is addictive in the sense it can be used as a constant and continuous treatment as your tolerance grows and most people will get withdrawal symptoms if they are are on it for long.

Lea

Banned
I just looked it up, the effects look quite tempting but I would be afraid of the withdrawal symptoms. Like always, we won't get anything for free, the bill will arrive later. Shame.

I just looked it up, the effects look quite tempting but I would be afraid of the withdrawal symptoms. Like always, we won't get anything for free, the bill will arrive later. Shame.
Yeah that's sad. I hope they compensate that medicine.
Cuz I would love to try.
Yeah I'm afraid of the withdrawal symptons too, i'm always afraid to use meds

Noca

Banned
If you use Xanax on a PRN basis like 3-4 times a week, you wont get withdrawal or dependence.

LadyWench

I've never taken it. I've heard that it's a good sedative, but can be rather addicting. Although, I don't know this from experience. I have a friend that suffered from severe anxiety and social phobia. Her doctor prescribed Xanax to her. She took it normally for a while, but said that she slowly became dependent on it. She then started snorting it. Not good. But that's her and her experience with it, I'm sure other people can testify differently to it.

Good luck if you do plan on taking it.

decadeOfSA

Avoid it. It works well, but it will knock you out and you will get physically addicted to it. You will build up a tolerance to it eventually and then you will need more to get the same effect. When it wears off, you will have rebound anxiety and rebound insomnia too.

stay away from benzos:

Check out Benzodiazepine

Danfalc

Banned
@decadeOfSA

You only get those sort of side effects if your stupid enough to abuse it,most of the time doctors wont per scribe enough for you to even build up a tolerance.Yes they can have bad effects but they can also be very helpful for some people,I've been on them for over a year,I only get enough to take one or two does a week,but it really helps me.

Noca

Banned
Can't have a benzo thread without a few benzo-bashing-fanatics.

Benzos work great if used correctly. I've used them for 5 years now and never had a problem with them.

BlackKids

I used it. The tabs I used were 0.5s and I only used it when I was really anxious. But then I would take 4/6 x the dose. It would chill me out but wouldnt recommend it. My doctor says its an old fashioned drug and there are much better ones. He put me on Lexipro and I can't say a bad thing about it.

EscapeArtist

Please be careful with this drug... It has very similar effects to heroin, and very similar addictivity. My mother was heavily addicted to Xanax in her 20s for a long amount of time. (She had social anxiety as well). SA makes this already addictive drug all the more tempting to abuse. As a result of heavy Xanax and alcohol abuse she had around 3 miscarriages. Xanax is also frequently used by heroin addicts to increase the effects of the heroin so they don't have to spend as much on it. That's not the point though, the point is xanax is extremely addictive.

I wouldn't take it if you have lows where your impulse control is shot. I wouldn't take it if you have an addictive personality or you've over-used anything in the past (alcohol, pot, heavy drugs). I wouldn't take it unless necessary actually. Just my opinion though

SilentType

Banned
The effects are nothing like those of heroin. I should know, as I've used both in the past. It is addictive however, and I would advise anyone that takes xanax daily to switch to a longer acting benzo like klonopin or ativan.

I was prescribed xanax starting at .5mg 3 times per day, and over the next few years I became extremely addicted. As my tolerance increased, my dose increased to 2mg 3x per day over 2-3 years time. I reached a point where I would wake up sweating, having withdrawal symptoms, craving my morning dose of doctor prescribed xanax. I asked my doctor to try another benzo, and she prescribed me klonopin. I take the same dose, 2mg 3x daily, but I've never experienced any withdrawal symptoms, even after missing as much as an entire day of klonopin. I get the same benefit for my panic disorder with klonopin, but I don't have to deal with the awful side effects that xanax gave me at the same high dosage. Save yourself the trouble and stay away from xanax, the devil's benzo.

Peace

Danfalc

Banned
I'm locking this thread as people can't seem to be able to just give there experience of it,without trying to sound like doctors.

Status
Not open for further replies.