is this possibly ocd ? helpp !

bh1210

i was wondering..
would not being able to listen to anyone eating or making noises while chewing be considered ocd?
i know that, that is an ordinary pet peave. but my feelings are stronger than that i do believe.
i have to plug my ears when sitting aroung people eating, tell them to chew with their mouths closed multiple times, and even close people's mouths for them or stomp out of the room.
i really piss people off doing this and it makes up upset that i upset them.
if i am around it long enough, i eventually start crying or just getting really bitchy.
its just that noise.. i cant stand it.
it really is ruining my relationship with my dad because he is paralized on one side of his mouth and constantly chews with his mouth open...
i really would love to hear what someone else has to say or thinks about this..
im getting really concerned.
thank you!

Silatuyok

Ugh, I'm the same way, though not so severe. I've gotten into the habit sometimes of acting like I'm rubbing or itching my ear, or playing with the hair near my ear, just because it makes a noise that will cover up other irritating noises. Perhaps you could find some obscure earplugs, or simply let others know about your problem, so they don't find it strange when you put your earplugs in.

Ah yes. Misophonia, "hatred of sound". I have that too.

As far as "help" is concerned, I don't think such a thing exists. It's a very little-researched little disorder. The best we can do is deal with it and just avoid the offending sounds. It really sucks.

I think I probably have that, but i've always called it a "noise sensitive state" (nss). I usually have a least a bit of it (ie sensitive to violent/sudden noises), but it's severity does change. It has greatly reduced over past several years, which i believe is due to me being able to "relax" more, as well as changing my irrational noise-related thought patterns.

bh1210

Thank you for the responses..
I appreciate it and it makes me feel better just knowing that i'm not alone with this.
Thank you for the information given