Is this part of anxiety or something different?

LockieKermit

Well, Today I went to a chopping centre with some friends. Anyways, I was feeling pretty good today.

I got their and the thought occured to me that what if im schitzo or delusional and my friends arent' really there. (there was 2 of them) and for the first half hour-hour I was thinking that every now and then.

I calmed down alot once I got busy shopping and hanging around.
But the thought of being crazy, delusional scares me.

And when that topic is in my mind, i start questioning thing around me. Like, what if im in the Matrix (lol) or did I really just see that object, see that thing happen etc...

Im also a thinking person, I can go into deep thought, and I fantasise about things, for example...me being in a space ship or something..

When I was younger I would bounce on the trampoline and fantasize for 1-2 hours almost every day while on the trampoline.

anyways, is this just a symtom of Pure-O anxiety...?

Krista

Wow, you're fascinating. In a good way of course :)

I have imagination but not like this, unless I'm blitzed. I wish I could go into the matrix with you ;)

LockieKermit

hehe, No I didn't actully think I was in the matrix..it's just the thought occured to me, and caused some anxiety...I think because of the depression, it has been causing me to question life a little...

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Well... I suppose if you were delusional, you wouldn't identify these thoughts as fantasies, right?

When I was a teen, I would have fantastic thoughts like those... the only difference with your case is that I actually believed those thoughts.

LockieKermit

Agreed!!

Nahhh don't think its got anythin' to do with anxiety. Are you bipolar or anything? 'cause I know that causes you to think an awful lot about the strangest things.

Well I havn't going to a psychologist yet. But my mum has booked one, so will be going hopefully within the next week-2 weeks.

Maybe I do. Some days im happier, some times im depressed and every few minutes I might have a minute of being happy, then just slowly fade back to being both happy and low.

Hmm...kinda scary..I dont care if I have Pure-O or depression, I just want to be functional, and live a moderatley happy life at the least. I dont want to be delusional and crazy lol.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Well... art has been one of my main escape ways since I can remember. Other times I talk with close friends (Yes, they know I am like this). Although, there's times when I can't do much about these things... I just deal with it the best I can :(

LockieKermit

ahh ok. Yeah, Like ill watch a sci-fi show or something, say, battle star galactica. And maybe after for a few minutes imagine me being on the shop fighting, and kinda think of a story, scenario with it.

It occured to me that this might be bad, unhealthy..and im kinda little worried ill become delusional..

**** you Anxiety...
**** you...

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Have you visited a psych or something? I don't think you would become delusional, but if you are concerned maybe you should ask someone. Just to be sure.

Well, Today I went to a chopping centre with some friends. Anyways, I was feeling pretty good today.

I got their and the thought occured to me that what if im schitzo or delusional and my friends arent' really there. (there was 2 of them) and for the first half hour-hour I was thinking that every now and then.

I calmed down alot once I got busy shopping and hanging around.
But the thought of being crazy, delusional scares me.

And when that topic is in my mind, i start questioning thing around me. Like, what if im in the Matrix (lol) or did I really just see that object, see that thing happen etc...

Im also a thinking person, I can go into deep thought, and I fantasise about things, for example...me being in a space ship or something..

When I was younger I would bounce on the trampoline and fantasize for 1-2 hours almost every day while on the trampoline.

anyways, is this just a symtom of Pure-O anxiety...?

That's awesome, I think like that all the time. I thought I was crazy haha. The exact senerio where you were with your friends happened to me. I was with people I sat there just thinking "What if they don't actually exist and i'm crazy?"

I used to love to watch tv shows. Afterwards, I'd go lie in my room and replay the whole tv show in my head putting myself in it. In the X-files I made myself Mulders girlfriend. Stuff like that. It occupied me for hours.

That's sad now that I think about it.... lol

LockieKermit

That's awesome, I think like that all the time. I thought I was crazy haha. The exact senerio where you were with your friends happened to me. I was with people I sat there just thinking "What if they don't actually exist and i'm crazy?"

I used to love to watch tv shows. Afterwards, I'd go lie in my room and replay the whole tv show in my head putting myself in it. In the X-files I made myself Mulders girlfriend. Stuff like that. It occupied me for hours.

That's sad now that I think about it.... lol

you just lifted an anvil of my shoulders.

I though, ohh boy...anwers aren't exactly what I want to hear then baaam you anwsered.

I thought I was the only one.

Lol me too. When I was a kid, I told all my friends about my crazy fantasies and thoughts and everyone said I was nuts. I can literally daydream for hours.

LockieKermit

same...maybe not hours ( I guess I have never tried) but the fantasies are really fun, and I can do things I otherwise couldn't do. Like be in space, or be in the medieval times. It never really affected my day to day life, until..the thought occured to me that I was like this, and started worrying if I was going nuts.

**** Depression
**** anxiety lol