is this just a guy thing?

ShyLamb888

ok well met on a site so its long distance but we talked yesterday online for a long time he said he likes me / loves me he says how pretty i am alot then after awhile he said he had go i said why did i do something he said god no i am going with my friends i said where he said for coffee i said i,ll miss u he said i,ll miss u too he came back and we talk more long convo has been good with him but but today he said i love u baby this morning when i wasn't out of bed i got his offline so then after awhile he popped online i said hi baby i love u too i wasn't out of bed hru? he said i cant talk now sorry :/ i said whats wrong why? he said i have to go i said why what did i do? he said nothing i just have to go with my friends i said ohh where this time? he said i do not know i said ok :( when u be back online? i said when i said i don't know i said i,ll miss you when u not online enjoy your friends he says thx bye no i love u no i,ll miss u just thx bye does he still like me or he just being on a guy or has he lost interest in me i don't think so since he said he love me this morning i just don't know :(

Zaki

I had a bit of difficulty interpreting that but from what I read, you seem to be over-analyzing things. Don't read too much into the "I love you" thing. Perhaps he was just in a rush to meet with his friends and forgot to throw in an "I love you" before he left. That doesn't mean he is no longer interested in you. I don't think it's anything to take personally.

MikeyC

Your post was difficult to read, ShyLamb.

However, I agree with Zaki: he's likely just going out with friends. If you have friends, do the same, because waiting all day for him to come online when he has a schedule of his own will be nothing but torture for you, and he'll feel like you're smothering him.

Flanscho

Well, it was a bit difficult for me to understand your post, without the punctuation marks (english is not my native language).

Well, first... If I understood it correctly, it's so far a 100% online thing and you never met. And while this is on the one hand irrelevant, some problems could arise.

First, it's quite easy to fall in love with someone on the internet. The reason is: since you talk a lot with each other, you quickly have the feeling of a deep connection. And in addition, everything you don't know about that person you subconsciously assume to be awesome. You don't know the person as well as if you'd have spent the time with him/her face to face.

I personally would never tell someone on the internet "I love you" unless I already spent considerable time with that person in real life, simply because I know that the feelings can easily trick you online.

Another thing is: as long as it's just an online thing, it would be not wise for him to forget his friends in favor of you. Simply because the friends are there, in his city. They can be there for him, he can be there for them. They know each other longer than you two know each other. So even if he thinks that he loves you, it would be unwise for him to spend less or even no time with his friends because of you.

And third: it seems to me that you don't know each other for that long. So you assume to much. You ask what's wrong with him, but why do you think that anything is wrong with him? Stay relaxed and see where things lead to. Don't be alarmed and in panic, simply because he does the wise thing (which is spending time with friends). If you two really love each other, then trying to take him away from his friends would be the fastest way to lose him, and you'd also keep in contact and meet some time. And if you don't really love each other, then not much is lost in the end.

So to answer your question: nope, it's not just a guy thing.

Capsaicin

It's hard to treat Internet communication like face to face, so expecting someone to not leave the computer for real-life and structure their days around it is just not realistic. There's a whole world going on that we don't have time to fill everyone we chat to in on consisting of work, school, social life, and hobbies.