Is there any thing worst than family meetings?

xsapx

I dislike family meeting now, i try to avoid it as much as possible. I feel during family meeting, just because i am quiet, the elder thinks that i am inferior to my cousins and brothers. They would say things like why cant you be more like your.... and you can definitely see the bias. And my cousins would think i am arrogant or something just because i don't have much to talk to them about. Why do some people always associate quietness to something like inferior, why cant quietness be view as a good thing? So what do you guys and girls view about family gathering?

Emily_G

In some cultures, it's viewed as a good thing. I think Native American cultures it's viewed as good....as seen as listening more than talking, which is always good. :) Sorry family events are stressful :(

Ren Koutaisou

Although I don't have family gatherings, I am starting to dislike living with my family. I only know my bro, sis, and mom. My brother and sister seem to being getting touched in the head by idleness and video games. They never want to do anything that does not involve a computer or television, and my sister had the audacity to call me boring today lol. I could not even take her seriously.

My brother adapted mannerisms that make me think that he may be mentally handicapped, even though I know full well he isn't. I don't know what happened but for as long as I can remember, he stays in his room and plays a silly MMORPG. For the longest time, he has made zero effort to leave his room and hang out with his brother and sister. Now it feels very awkward for me to be around him.

My sister is starting to turn her back on me, I can tell. We hang out, and if I don't agree with her, something is magically wrong with me. In her opinion, I'm boring because I'm trying to get my life off the ocean floor and take to the sky, trying new things, but she wants to sit around and play a video game all day every day man wtf. Screw that.

I'm worried about my family, but I hate to say it, I'm starting not to give a crap. I care about my mom still, even though she doesn't trust me enough to sinc a cd to my mp3 player using her computer. But my siblings, they are around my age, they have no reason to act as brainless and numb as they do. Maybe this is were I get my cold, dull, enthusiastic-less attitude from.

Ignace

Same here, I've been always to Familiy 'parties' and I was always bored and I felt like an attack. I HAD to play with the children, I HAD to talk to other people. But the last 2 years I'm not going anymore, 2 years are 4 events. Everytime I don't go, everyone is mad at me, especially my mother...Sorry, but it's time to think about myself, they wouldn't understand it.

Thin about this way: you can't choose your family and if for now you can't choose attend or no these family gatherings, it may change in future when you move to work in another region.

There are other things in life worse than family meetings, but it is quite possible that most of them will not happen in your life, ever.

mrb

i dont get on with 2 thirds of my family , we dont speak anymore , and to be honest that suits me fine ;)

Ignace

I had to go to family meetings but I had enough of it like 2 years ago, especially my mother is now angry at me because "I don't have respect for my family" ...