Is Social Phobia all you have in life?

Klaus

While acting poorly interacting with people, one new thought ocurred to me.
I don't have social skills and I'm so scared of people that I think everyone notice when I pass by or talk to them, because it's hard to ignore a person in absolute panic and horror talking to you, off course people can feel what a idiot I am (while interacting) which means that's part of my life, not all I am.

I mean, when I was younger I used to just drown in depression and social phobia and ignore all the other things life can offer, like: "If all I can do in life include people, I can't do anything!" And I used to lay down for hours in bed, just feeling self pity and doing absolute nothing all day! But my point is: social phobia is only a tiny part of all your potential can offer.

Let's se, I can have social phobia and be a good starcraft2 player,
I can have social phobia and be a good student at my University,
I can have social phobia and ATTEND all classes I have to go,
I can have social phobia and interact with people.

Yeah, you will obviously door a very bad job interacting with people, but you can do well many other things in your life. We are absolutely no different from people with irrational fear of spiders. The difference is that they keep doing all other things in life and we don't! We tend to just stop everything waiting for "better social skills and to feel less anxious", because people are EVERYWHERE. But don't do that, just act poorly, like being a bad soccer player, It's just an aspect of your life, not all your life.

Mickery

For sure. If you've ever known somebody who's been seriously physically ill, you've probably heard them lament how illness can come to define a person.

Not just when it's physical!

Kiwong

You are absolutely right, Klaus, you can achieve great things in spite of social anxiety. Good luck to you.

Keep throwing yourself up against the world, because sometimes you will break through and win.

DimBulb

In addition to social phobia/avoidant nature, i also have an inferiority complex that is as high as the himalayas.