Is it normal to be super awkward and not say anything when....

you never leave the house except for groceries or school?Not on weekends.Never.I joined a new school(a month ago) and I have made zero "friends" because I rarely talk.I can't seem to say things naturally.When I say something or don't......my mind acknowledges it way too much!I am constantly thinking about the fact that everyone else(except one or two guys) is having fun,laughing and teasing each other.I feel like I'd be intruding by joining a conversation.I feel like crying after coming home from school and feel like sleeping. :(

¯\(º_o)/¯

Idk if I would call it normal... but it is normal for us with SA.
That's the hard part, is in situations like yours, having SA really slows progress down because a lot of people want the other person to start the interaction.

Like at my work, the only people I talk to are the people I sought after to speak to. Everyday I have a bunch of people walk passed my work station, and if ibhavnt said anything to them, they don't say anything to me.

Koime

I know how that feels, in school I was always quiet and people just left me alone because they thought I hated them or didn't want to talk. I couldn't get over it though for the most part and I always ended up sitting by myself just waiting for the next bell all day long. It was very frustrating and when I was really depressed I would be so drained and come home tired. Always thinking to myself "I'm so tired of everything" not physically but emotionally too. I graduated last year with no real friends and it sucked watching everyone standing around with their gowns hugging and loving each other because they knew this was it for us, yet I had nobody.

I guess with social issues, you could call it normal.

Quietguy11

I am in the same boat as you, it's not a nice feeling, I know. Sometimes I force myself to talk but then I feel self-conscious and start thinking that my voice is annoying people. I have a serious inferiority problem! I went out with my friends tonight, and found that it took up a lot of mental energy just to try to keep up with the conversations that were going around. My friends all laugh, and converse with each other so naturally while I find it hard to think of just a few words to say at a time. Just don't beat yourself up. Just because we find it harder to communicate and hold up conversations well, doesn't mean we can't succeed in life. For me, I enjoy drawing, and want to be a professional artist someday. Find what you are good at, and pursue it. Everyone has something they are good at, you just need to find it, and acknowledge it.

nicole1

I'm like this. But what I usually do to...idk, socialize (?) is small talk with random people. "Oh I like your hair." "Where is this located." At some point I thought it would help over all but beyond that I'm useless.

I said that to suggest a way to...idk make friends. I've made friends through small talk. One about Doctor Who and we've been friends for like 4 years now.

It's not easy and sometimes...you have to take some kind of step.

Diend

This reminds me of my high school days. Well, I don't want to barrage you with suggestions but maybe a change to your physical appearance? Looking sharp is something I did not know how to do in high school and my mom, who controlled my spending, didn't really prioritize. For a girl, it doesn't hurt to weigh under 140 pounds. Get a really expensive haircut, a pedicure and manicure, and work out. Personally, I feel there isn't a guarantee in making friends when one has SA, but anything helps, and feeling good about your appearance probably will.

I'd likely be the same way. How about starting a conversation with the two dudes that don't seem to be having fun either?

drganon

I don't leave the house except to go to school or help my Mom with shopping. My biggest problem is that I can't drive, so I couldn't go anywhere even if I had a place to go to anyway.