Is it just me?

Luka

I feel very cold/distant towards everybody that means a lot to me. Like... my family, I just order them to get out of my room and I get mad when they try to hug me or something. With friends, I enjoy the conversation till suddenly I get angry for no apparent reason and I turn very cold towards them. I realise it but I can't prevent it, so I just stop talking to them. It's weird because doing this makes me feel alone which in some ways I want... but I don' want to be alone really?! I feel like It's my fault and It's just the way I am but I've only started feeling distant this year, It really sucks because I feel like it only happens to me.

maiato

Banned
Just can say u are quite smart girl at least to have notice what are u feeling. At least u can try to prevent to become things worst. I think about your parents is normal at your age. They always want to put there nose at all. Do this, do that, be this, be that....and so on. U may just more reserved. U may just need more space your own. U just cant feel bad with that. Or cut all the bonds with people around. Try to get both of things. Your space and space for your family, friends. U may have under reasons for that. With me i just didnt get to much points of interesting with my parents. I felt bad at the time. But that is far away from my will. Just try to understand why that distance. U may have a easy answer. From then make what u can do and live with what u cant. Wish u the best : )

breakthespell

I'm like that too. I push everyone away. Sometimes I really wish I wouldn't but when the situation arises I just can't help it. I used to have lots of friends, today I have one, which I almost have lost contact with. Luckily I love being in my own company. I used to have a girlfriend which meant the world to me but I ended up pushing her away too, at the end the whole relationship was just cold, it was terrible.

recluse

My parents are the ones that have to bear the brunt of my bad moods. It's awful because i feel terribly guilty afterwards, they do say that it's the people closest to a depressed person who suffer. I find with other people when i am depressed i make an effort to hide my feelings but with my parents i don't. I feel i am living a lie because of this.

vexatiousmind

I do the same. My brother tries to hug me several times a day. I don't like to be touched, I have told him this. Who hugs someone that much anyway? It's weird.
I snap at my family too. Just now my grandma came home from the store, and went through everything single item she bought. I could see it all on the counter, she did not need to tell my every little thing.

I hate getting annoyed so easily.
Lack of sleep makes me way more cranky though, maybe you are not sleeping enough.
It might be hormones, or a side effect of something you are taking.
I would talk to your doctor about it next time you go.

bigcat1967

When I was your age - I was sort of like that. But as far as my experiences - I just grew out of it.

Crazy I guess...

Luka

Thanks guys. I feel a little better that I'm not the only one who acts this way. I guess it could just be me growing up that takes part in it.

Invisibleman

My parents are the ones that have to bear the brunt of my bad moods. It's awful because i feel terribly guilty afterwards, they do say that it's the people closest to a depressed person who suffer. I find with other people when i am depressed i make an effort to hide my feelings but with my parents i don't. I feel i am living a lie because of this.

I hear you,I dont think I could ever apologize enough to my parents for how much artillery they have taken over the years. And same that my parents see all the things that other people dont,im pretty good at just locking away all my feelings around other people.

but to the OP i do the same thing.I cant remember the last time ive hugged my parents because they know that il just get mad if they do.iIfeel so bad about it but I cant really help it,I just like to keep my distance. sometimes I feel like a hypocrite, I want to be alone but I hate being alone,I dream about being around other people haha

Last edited: