Is it just me or does anyone else dislike bars/nightclubs??

Why is it that these days all well most people feel the need to go out to a bar/nightclub every thursday/friday/sat night??

It feels like if you don't follow the trend/ if you don't go out to a pub/bar on friday/sat nights then you're considered a loser?? But why does one have to go to a bar/nightclubs specifically why not someplace else??

And It seems like everybody puts peer pressure & focus to go to bars/nightclubs on weekends & like that's the only place to go if you wanna get laid or pick up women:thinking:

When I go to clubs/bars I find it pointless & really boring does anyone else feel that way or is it just me??

Having SA & being shy & ackward I don't always feel comfortable in those places so when I go (which is usually by myself due to my friends drifting away or getting engaged,etc) I feel stupid cause I'm either standing at the bar hoping someone would turn up or I'm sitting alone or next to people I don't know:blushing:

I'm willing to approach women but it doesn't feel right cause they either with a groups of friends of men & women or they're dancing & I broke my foot a few weeks ago so I can't dance & anyway I don't know how to dance.

I've made some aquantancies in the past (like a wingmen) but even then nothing ever happens women never make the first move & I try to but it's never the right time cause they're sitting with their group of friends or they're dancing like I said.

Hence why sometimes I just stand & drink my beer at the bar hoping a girl would come sit/stand next to me but theres never anyone!!

Tbh I dislike bars/nightclubs, first you have to wait like 20 minutes just to get in after paying 20 euros to get in then the drinks are pricey, the music is mediocre & it's full of stuck up & dumb bitches. And you have to pay a buck loads on buying a girl drinks & then pay the taxi fare home

The only reason I go is cause I've ran out of options as to where I can find a girlfriend or some sort of relationship with a girl. I've tried online dating but failed miserably the people online are not serious or are timewasters so going to bars/nightclubs is kinda my last resort.

Do you have any tips where I can find a girl for a short term or long term relationship besides at bars/clubs??

And how do I approach a women in a bar/club??

I feel like a loser if I don't go out to a bar/pub on weekends what do you people do/ where do you go on a friday/sat night if you're single?? Does everyone just go to bars/clubs on weekends or are there other places to go to??

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Don't stress, I hate those places too.

There are many, many more interesting places to go and things to see/do if bars and nightclubs aren't your thing.

Here's something I found you may want to try. If you're looking for a place to meet women, become a regular at a gym. For one thing I find the quality and type of women there are much better. Rather than just some skanks out there half drunk and flirting with anything that moves. Is that the type of GF you want?

It wont lead to a one night stand, but you have a much better chance of meeting someone half decent. Good Luck.

bsammy

lol yeah it sucks that bars/clubs are the place to go in your 20s and 30s for the vast majority of people..that is, if you want to meet people and fit in..

i cant stand bars or clubs so the other places to meet women are bookstores like barnes and nobles or online dating sites..that or dog parks are a nice place but the great things about bars/clubs is you have women that are drinking and loosened up and eager to meet men where these other places these women aret necessarily going there to meet guys, besides of course the online dating sites..

it does suck that so much of our culture is based on bars and clubs, thats basically all my friends do, that or sit on someones deck and drink beer...if you dont do these things, you are the odd one out socially...

THeCARS1979

Why is it that these days all well most people feel the need to go out to a bar/nightclub every thursday/friday/sat night??

It feels like if you don't follow the trend/ if you don't go out to a pub/bar on friday/sat nights then you're considered a loser?? But why does one have to go to a bar/nightclubs specifically why not someplace else??

And It seems like everybody puts peer pressure & focus to go to bars/nightclubs on weekends & like that's the only place to go if you wanna get laid or pick up women:thinking:

When I go to clubs/bars I find it pointless & really boring does anyone else feel that way or is it just me??

Having SA & being shy & ackward I don't always feel comfortable in those places so when I go (which is usually by myself due to my friends drifting away or getting engaged,etc) I feel stupid cause I'm either standing at the bar hoping someone would turn up or I'm sitting alone or next to people I don't know:blushing:

I'm willing to approach women but it doesn't feel right cause they either with a groups of friends of men & women or they're dancing & I broke my foot a few weeks ago so I can't dance & anyway I don't know how to dance.

I've made some aquantancies in the past (like a wingmen) but even then nothing ever happens women never make the first move & I try to but it's never the right time cause they're sitting with their group of friends or they're dancing like I said.

Hence why sometimes I just stand & drink my beer at the bar hoping a girl would come sit/stand next to me but theres never anyone!!

Tbh I dislike bars/nightclubs, first you have to wait like 20 minutes just to get in after paying 20 euros to get in then the drinks are pricey, the music is mediocre & it's full of stuck up & dumb bitches. And you have to pay a buck loads on buying a girl drinks & then pay the taxi fare home

The only reason I go is cause I've ran out of options as to where I can find a girlfriend or some sort of relationship with a girl. I've tried online dating but failed miserably the people online are not serious or are timewasters so going to bars/nightclubs is kinda my last resort.

Do you have any tips where I can find a girl for a short term or long term relationship besides at bars/clubs??

And how do I approach a women in a bar/club??

I feel like a loser if I don't go out to a bar/pub on weekends what do you people do/ where do you go on a friday/sat night if you're single?? Does everyone just go to bars/clubs on weekends or are there other places to go to??

it depends where , who and what , if its a certain place like Coyote Ugly, or a pub with for something probably, Ive gotten used to it. I just dont like the places where they play house music and rap

Mion

What about gallerys and museums?
If there is some girl you like, you could start a conversation about the picture/ she is looking at and you could together trough the gallery. Also she probably will remember you as "the interessting guy she met at the gallery" because it is more special to meet somebody there than in a bar/club.

arjuna

I am more successful in clubs than online dating due to the men to women ratio on those sites. Many of the girls there are drunk in any case so you hardly have to put that much effort in it. But skills require practice and going out once a week probably isn't giving you all that you need. Try going out 4 nights a week by yourself or in a group, opening at least 4 girls a night (You shouldn't be too picky, they don't have to be models). Do that for six months reading a book or two about pick up, and seeing an online video about it every week, and write here telling us the results.

Bronson99

What about gallerys and museums?
If there is some girl you like, you could start a conversation about the picture/ she is looking at and you could together trough the gallery. Also she probably will remember you as "the interessting guy she met at the gallery" because it is more special to meet somebody there than in a bar/club.

That's a good idea, actually. I'd much, much rather be in a gallery/museum than a club.. haha

Bronson99

I am more successful in clubs than online dating due to the men to women ratio on those sites. Many of the girls there are drunk in any case so you hardly have to put that much effort in it. But skills require practice and going out once a week probably isn't giving you all that you need. Try going out 4 nights a week by yourself or in a group, opening at least 4 girls a night (You shouldn't be too picky, they don't have to be models). Do that for six months reading a book or two about pick up, and seeing an online video about it every week, and write here telling us the results.

You seem to be implying you've had a little success, here, mate! What's your secret? ...

bsammy

You seem to be implying you've had a little success, here, mate! What's your secret? ...

he already said what it is, he has read a few games on 'pick up' and he goes to bars 4 times a week so in his world, learning a little bit and just throwing himself out there consistently is what worked for him..yeah and bars and clubs work the best because women are there to meet men and they are already loosened up through alcohol.

S_Spartan

I'm too old for clubs but one goal I have this year is to find a bar to hang out at.
Getting a little tired of drinking alone.
Anyone got any tips on bar "culture" for a middle aged guy?

Luckylife

I don't think it's a bad idea to go to bars but nightclubs are best with friends. If you are alone at a nightclub it is very obvious and you don't want that. Stay away from bars with door staff too. Unfortunately they are a violent addition to the place and these days trouble starts with them not with patrons.

ONline87_15793

i would like to go there someday...just to understand how the television characters can get sex in a small time and how they pass the time unti they arrive into a bed ;)

Megaten

Dont feel bad man, Ive heard some people that dont even have social anxiety that hate the bar/club scene. You might wanna try getting involved around your town. Thats a great way to meet decent kind hearted people and make new friends. Having a large social circle has tons of benefits besides increasing your chance for romance. Heck its what us humans want most anyways. Just dont join a cult, did that once and things got weird. :eek:mg:

SCP-087-1

On most Friday nights I either work out or play video games online. I go drinking when I'm invited but I have no drinking buddies anymore. I'm not confident enough to go to a bar by myself. I feel that it would seem extremely weird if I went to a bar/club by myself and tried to insert myself into a random group of people. I use to meet women via the internet but now days I meet women by accident. I have yet to find one with anything in common with me though. Next semester I'm going to join some clubs that I'm interested in at the student clubs and societies association. Even though I can do these activities on my own I feel that it will be good for me to join a club. I can try to make friends with people who share my interests.

Bronson99

Dont feel bad man, Ive heard some people that dont even have social anxiety that hate the bar/club scene. You might wanna try getting involved around your town. Thats a great way to meet decent kind hearted people and make new friends. Having a large social circle has tons of benefits besides increasing your chance for romance. Heck its what us humans want most anyways. Just dont join a cult, did that once and things got weird. :eek:mg:

Man that sounds like you've already beaten your social anxiety.. if you're able to join groups and have a network of friends, and such? :eek: I'd never be able to handle that. Again, it seems like there is little if any advice out there that I can use...

Megaten

Man that sounds like you've already beaten your social anxiety.. if you're able to join groups and have a network of friends, and such? :eek: I'd never be able to handle that. Again, it seems like there is little if any advice out there that I can use...

Well some might have it more intense than others and for certain situations. Mine has gotten better overtime but I still dont like socializing. I went out and joined some groups around town but Ive since stopped that as I couldnt really relate to them. The only thing though thats really helped is going to college and seeing a shrink. With the psychologist I was able to talk about my hangups and then I got lots of practice since I was forced to work on projects with other students. But yeah man I still dont fancy spending time with new people. I had a dude ask if I wanted to hang out a few weeks ago and I totally bailed on him. I doubt he'll offer again.