ionthophoresis stopped workin after 7 months

francomarconi88

after 7 months positive effects of ionthophoresis stopped...

anyone with the same problem?
how many time is needed to work again?

hoplaba

Sorry to hear that.. I had same problem.. Worked perfectly for almost a year. Then huge disapointment. Now sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And I have no clue why.

Klonoa

After taking any kind of medicine or drug, your body becomes accostummed to it, and created resistance, since it's a foreign source, not natural in your body, and to get the same effects, one would technically have to consume more and more.

And that's how people die of overdose.

Drop the medicine a couple of weeks, let your body wash that out and then try again.

ImNotMyIllness

Already tried.. 2 months of waiting and its still same.. its became purely hit and miss

Try soaking the afflicted area in water with sage tea bags. You can research it on google. It does work. Maybe you can alternate the two methods as one begins to wear off, switch to the other.

Sprawling

Yes, ionto has stopped working on and off do to fibromyalgia. It can works for days, weeks or months or not at all. I've been doing ionto since 2005.

The obvious questions: did you move. A different water source can effect ionto. Are you taking any new kind of medication? What has changed in your life?

francomarconi88

No, i didn't move..I add salt in the water,too.. No new medication, only I drink new Ginkgo biloba tea..
I using now sage leaves and I think it is good now

g35

i have been using for 3 years and it has never failed working for me, although i do use a pretty high amp for each session and i do it 3 times a week, i think it's just a matter of keeping a high current going and not barely reaching the required dosage to achieve dryness. I use 22amps, 12 mins each side

Sprawling

sounds like your HH is more on the mild side. A 9 volt battery is a very small amount of current to get results with. Pretty cool that it has worked for you. Good luck with the sage treatment.

CharlesN

I've looked into this treatment more and it can actually cause a loss of sensation in the area you treat and can be very dangerous. Please consider this before using it. I can't imagine not being able to feel when something is too hot or cold to touch.... You'd have a whole new set of problems. Benefits vs risks...up to you.

I am actually saying this as someone who owns a business with e-stim. I am all for e-stim, but I've heard scary things about this one.

Are you saying Iontophoresis can cause this? I did a bunch of research and never found such warnings. Been doing it successfully for a year now with my homemade contraption and not a molecule of sweat. Still plenty sensitive to hot or cold and no loss of sensation. Can you please provide a link to the studies you refer to?

Thanks,

OTGrl

My husband had the info...I'll ask him when he gets home. I suggested trying it and he basically freaked out on with all his info. He does A LOT of research. I will say though that if you are considering be sure you do not fall into any of these:

Although iontophoresis offers many advantages, you must take certain precautions. Do not use it if patients have skin reaction sensitivity or if they're sensitive to aspirin, metals or seafood. It's also contraindicated if patients have stomach ulcers or asthma. Other considerations include broken or abraded skin, drug allergies and skin with decreased sensation, because patients must be able to provide feedback. Iontophoresis never should be done in the cranial or orbital regions or in those patients who require a pacemaker. In addition, take special care with patients who have diabetes or are pregnant.

OTGrl

Are you saying Iontophoresis can cause this? I did a bunch of research and never found such warnings. Been doing it successfully for a year now with my homemade contraption and not a molecule of sweat. Still plenty sensitive to hot or cold and no loss of sensation. Can you please provide a link to the studies you refer to?

Thanks,
Iontophoresis has been around since the 1940s, so yes 73 years. However, the medications that can be used with it have not.

Still waiting for the research my husband found. However, I looked into in more and found that this happened with those who tried to apply various medications to the device instead of just using the tap water. It appears to me that those who just use tap water only risk severe burns and potential shocking...which are rare if used correctly/your device works properly and you do not fall into any of the contraindications.

francomarconi88

3 weeks after last using of ionthophoresis..

how much days/weeks more before I resume ?

someone told 4-6 weeks..
anyone started again after 3 weeks?!

hoplaba

I rested for 5-6 weeks i think i dont know anymore and it didn't work.. I think you should rest untill you see that your sweating is as it use to be before you used ionto. Or maybe even more. I've seen many people mentioning this but nobody came back to say if it work or didn't. Honestly I see ionto as contract with devil.. first you feel the joy of it but then the world crush on you :(

Last edited:

francomarconi88

I rested for 5-6 weeks i think i dont know anymore and it didn't work.. I think you should rest untill you see that your sweating is as it use to be before you used ionto. Or maybe even more. I've seen many people mentioning this but nobody came back to say if it work or didn't. Honestly I see ionto as contract with devil.. first you feel the joy of it but then the world crush on you :(

yeah, man..you are right, exactly contract with devil :sad:

i started yesterday with iontho after 5 weeks and I don't feel pain (only little pain after 13-14 minutes).. what to do now? i think its better to stop for 1-2 weeks