Importance to be apart from society

jaim38

I'm sort of like a "modern day hippie" in that I sometimes rebel against societal rules and expectations. It's good to have a sense of originality, creativity, and freedom, at least that's what my impression of the hippie movement is. The hippies seem to have splintered into mutiple groups such as punks, goths, wiccans, geeks, etc.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Since I think the Society is sick, I can only agree with you, but I still have this vague utopy that one day it will become good enough for me to want to be part of it.

Odo

Banned
We sure were out to experiment with our minds, anyway! Sometimes I wonder if that early drug use contributed to my condition today.

I think that this happened to me as well.

I don't think I've ever completely 'dropped out', though… I would probably only do it if I knew someone who was willing to do it with me, but I've never actually met a person who was willing to not just go with the flow. No wait, I did know someone in high school who was a self-styled 'hippie', but he didn't have a very realistic sense of what he would actually have to do in order to survive such a lifestyle.