Imaginary friends: What do you think?

Alexfangirl

I have an imaginary self. I live situations I have as a cooler, funnier, smarter vision of myself in my head. Sometimes I make friends out of people on TV. Oh and sometimes I kiss my stuffed dog likes it is someone I'm dating.

AmunetSide

Wow. Just yesterday I was sitting at home and the thought popped into my head : "Why don't I just imagine there's someone here who gets me during those times when I'm just not feeling 100% ?"

....I got up, had a smoke, and started looking for a site like this.

Even if it's via internet I think having real people to talk to is the healthier choice, for me at least.

Yong

I agree. Real people despite through the internet is healthier for me as well.

I talk to myself though. I also sometimes play an alternative scenario from a past conversation which I could've played. Usually a more socially interactive one.

I sometimes talk to my unconscious self as if a different person, I guess that is an imaginary friend because its like a copy of myself. But it is helpful, in motivation when I think I can't face a situation.

I also write letters to myself some days, pretending the person the next day is someone different, writing what I regret doing and what I did do that makes me feel accomplished. And give advice to my next self hahas.

AmunetSide

I talk to myself though. I also sometimes play an alternative scenario from a past conversation which I could've played. Usually a more socially interactive one.

Oh yeah, I think everyone does that LOL. :D
It's like as soon as the other person walks away you think : "Dammit! I should've said..."

As a rule, I always sound more badass in my "re-do" conversations.

Luke1993

I have an imaginary friend. But over time my imagination has got worse...

I have an imaginary wife too! Wow....I'm sad

Exposure

I talk to Jesus/God everyday and im not crazy , and i dont think imaginary friends/God compare , one is real , the other isnt .

It's not bad to have some fantasies if they don't take all your life(maladaptive daydreaming) but if you have imaginary friends thats ****ed up. I don't have imaginary friends, but I'm a daydreamer for sure and it takes a lot of my time... Searching for info...

SpLynx

i used to talk with photos and wallpapers, when I was a teenager, I was considering people in photos as real

lyricalliaisons

This is embarrassing, but ever since 10th grade, I've had a very vivid, real imaginary world in my head. Not just imaginary friends, but an entire world.

Mikefly

Imaginary friends? hmmm i would just get a pet or something but i understand where your coming from.