I'm Scared that going Anorexic again

PrincessKitty

Been struggling with my weight since I was 15 years old and now I'm 22.

I always managed to put back on the weight by force feeding myself. I hate the feeling when I do that because I stand the sight of seeing my own ribs.

But now I can't seem to eat as much, I'm just eating junk food to give me energy throughout the day and also having really bad flashbacks doesn't help. Also dealing with my family too. Ugh....

I try to eat my normal healthy balanced diet but I'm just not in the mood. I'm eating two meals a day and some snacks in between. I'm scared I'm going back to my normal pattern. Then I end up not eating for days!

Please help me!! I've been struggling for years!!

MikeyC

If you've been struggling for years, it's unlikely that any of us are able to change your mind. There's the possibility that you'll have to seek medical advice to help you get through your anorexia.

It sounds like you're eating a good portion of food at the moment, though. While two meals isn't a huge amount, you are snacking in between, so that's a decent amount of food. The fact that it's all junk food means it won't sustain you, though.

What I can suggest is do some exercise. Light exercise like brisk walking would be plenty. That way your body is using energy and you'll need to eat to replace it. Maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle is the best way that I can think of to beat the ills of anorexia.

I'm not a doctor, though, and I still encourage you to seek help for it. Seven years of torture through anorexia is a long time.

Emerald1

Hello :)

I have had a long history with eating disorders, particularly anorexia, as well. Seventeen years to be exact :( The best thing that I ever did was go away to an inpatient program where I had very little control, and I got some help. When I got out I found that whenever I felt like I was losing control or going back to my "bad" eating patterns, I would follow the eating program (menu) that I got from the hospital. I just don't give myself a choice. The guilt is the worst thing for me.

What I am suggesting is that you A) get some professional help if you are sick of struggling. Eating disorders are very very hard to handle by yourself. You need some objective rules and guidance to help you. and B) If you totally are against getting help find yourself a menu with a good number of calories (a maintenance menu) online and stick to it. Don't allow yourself to alter or cut calories just stick to the allotted menu.

Eating disorders are so tricky and there is no one size fits all cure :( My suggestions are simply things that have helped me in the past and present and that's all I can offer for advice at the moment. I sincerely wish you all the best.

You should really get professional help for this PrincesKitty, as people suffering from eating disorders rarely overcome them for good without help from a professional. Good luck with this :)

PrincessKitty

If you've been struggling for years, it's unlikely that any of us are able to change your mind. There's the possibility that you'll have to seek medical advice to help you get through your anorexia.

It sounds like you're eating a good portion of food at the moment, though. While two meals isn't a huge amount, you are snacking in between, so that's a decent amount of food. The fact that it's all junk food means it won't sustain you, though.

What I can suggest is do some exercise. Light exercise like brisk walking would be plenty. That way your body is using energy and you'll need to eat to replace it. Maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle is the best way that I can think of to beat the ills of anorexia.

I'm not a doctor, though, and I still encourage you to seek help for it. Seven years of torture through anorexia is a long time.

thank i will try and seek medical help, I tried before but my doctors couldn't help me. So now I moved house I will try again XD