Im in love with my ex, what should i do?

I started dated my ex a year ago after 2 month he had to go to jail, hes now in there till next year, we write every week, but i cant seem to move on from him, ive told him id wait for him, but im afraid il meet someone new and i dont want to ever lose him.
what should i do, a little advice would go along way.
xxx

miss_amy

Just live each day as it comes. If its meant to be then you will be together when the time comes.
If you do meet someone new then your feelings for ex will no doubt change and you can decide then what to do.

inconspicuous name

...what exactly did he have to go to jail for?

in my opinion any relationship that starts off with one person going to jail shortly after is probably doomed to fail. the fact you CAN'T see him whenever you want is probably whats making you miss him more than your actual feelings for him.

whatever it is, liking people general sucks and only time really helps.

da_illest101

...what exactly did he have to go to jail for?

in my opinion any relationship that starts off with one person going to jail shortly after is probably doomed to fail. the fact you CAN'T see him whenever you want is probably whats making you miss him more than your actual feelings for him.

whatever it is, liking people general sucks and only time really helps.

exactly what i was going to say.

mmmm

Don't worry too much about meeting someone new and losing him. If you do happen to meet someone new, losing your ex will be a much smaller deal. I know it seems impossible but take my word, it's true.

AND look on the bright side, it's not as though your ex is going anywhere. He'll always be exactly where you left him for the time being. So no need to stress about losing him unless you are ready for a break away.

inconspicuous name

Don't worry too much about meeting someone new and losing him. If you do happen to meet someone new, losing your ex will be a much smaller deal. I know it seems impossible but take my word, it's true.

AND look on the bright side, it's not as though your ex is going anywhere. He'll always be exactly where you left him for the time being. So no need to stress about losing him unless you are ready for a break away.

on the other hand if her ex is in jail for say.....murder then there really would be a reason to stress about meeting someone new once he got out :rolleyes:

just to clear up the wounder i hes not in for killing sum1 :)
hes in for posation of cocain.
he took the blame for 3 other people,
and i obviously miss him more now becuase i cant see him.
and me and his best friend are really good friends too.
theres just so much that cant be said in a letter, i mean letter sex isnt as great as i origanly thought lmao.
xx

Feathers

stay away from drugs!! seriously... even if he just 'took the blame for others' (which you can't really know) even the fact he hangs out with people like that... you don't want the drama or possible heartwreak, imho

I agree with others: missing him can paint him into this wonderful awesome guy when in fact you're probably (muchly) in love with your imagination (you'll find out when he gets out if he lives up to it any)

don't do letter sex, especially if it's not that great... if that's you in the avatar, you can do way better..!!

Thank god if you do meet someone new, and I suppose then you'll be head over heels with that new guy anyway... so most you can try is to end it with that guy who's in jail now amicably.. (hence write to him like you would to a brother or friend) if you do want to give him a chance, see if he mans up to the real world an stays away from drugs, if not 'no go' - you're too valuable to be a 'crack mama' or something like that!! If he loves illegal substances more than you, you deserve better!!

I've had crushes on people who were no good for me too, and 'OCD-ing' on that, especially when stressed about something or such - try to work on problem-solving and relaxing - maybe he'll stop being attractive then!

Some people do seem to find people in jail attractive... maybe something about them being unavailable...? You could work on that tho.. there are books and programs for that :)

Good luck hun & take care!

inconspicuous name

just to clear up the wounder i hes not in for killing sum1 :)
hes in for posation of cocain.
he took the blame for 3 other people,
and i obviously miss him more now becuase i cant see him.
and me and his best friend are really good friends too.
theres just so much that cant be said in a letter, i mean letter sex isnt as great as i origanly thought lmao.
xx

**** taking the blame for other people, having a possession of coke conviction on your record would pretty much destroy the rest of your life....though don't know if thats entirely relevant to this topic.

i know a few people who do/have done cocaine who are perfectly nice people so i suppose if you think he's worth waiting for then do it, though it really does sound like moving on would probably be a good idea.