Ignore my venting

Krista

All my cumulative anxiety and sad and negative thoughts just piled up on me today and exploded, which I knew it would. It seems that my SA is escalated when put into a situation with the opposite sex but now it's really branched out with my friends too and all my doubts about myself seem to be just raining down upon me. I am far from narcissistic but I'd like to think that I'm a very good friend. I try to put other people's feelings before my own and let them know that I'm always there for them whenever needed. So yesterday I had an awful day, feeling super depressed and today my best friend made me feel like the lowest I can imagine being right now because her boyfriend doesn't like me. All because I stuck up for her when they were fighting, she went back and now I look like the b-tch and he's mad at me. She wants to know why I won't just come up to their party and ignore him, being selfish enough to make me put myself into a bad situation just for her. Why is it that I do everything that a good person is suppose to for everyone but no one feels like I'm worth defending and fighting for?

dmdmm

*hug*

I don't know how to answer your problem. A hug is about the best I can offer... Even if it is through the internet.

206Raider

Damn, that is ****ed up! My friend that I hung out with last night did a similar thing before that, that's why I don't haven't hung out with him til last night. All things will pass but your friend is wrong completely for that, and if you need to talk just hit me up on MSN becuase I got no plans tonight either so I'm here if you need to talk. Just remember, YOU KICK ASS and these people are just ****in stupid and they will realize they were wrong soon enough. Much Love

sullyS1985

She just seems really selfish and it isn't your fault it is hers. It sucks to hear something like that but give it time and things will get better. I realize it sucks now but just realize how minor that is in the grand scheme of life. Just chill out and if I were there I would give u a big hug also...if u wanted one haha if not I would feel like a creeper

Krista

Lol thanks to everyone for the virtual hugs. I did try and sit and asses the situation better and came up with a pretty good idea about everything. We exchanged some heated words and when she mentioned that she knows we'll be fine in a couple days because I can't "do without her" she was completely wrong. I might be the best friend I could possibly be but I am absolutely no ones door mat or a pushover. I just consider this some serious me time without drama, we're out of school and have been for awhile. I refuse to act like we're back there. Besides, it's time to worry about myself first instead of everyone else.

Krista

I would be doubtful to call her a friend...
I assume you were friends before she met this guy?

I've been best friends with her since we were in seventh grade. And I would absolutely never make someone choose between a boyfriend and me but I did what she asked me to in a very tough situation. I extended myself beyond when he hurt her and now I'm the bad guy because I helped.

sullyS1985

I just think the truth hurts and that is why your friend got mad. When I hear things that are true that I don't want to hear I get upset. U r not in the wrong here and I think u know it. In my opinion you are a good friend and I wish I had friends like you. Just don't let it bother u, u r right and there is no reason for you to feel bad for it.

I've been best friends with her since we were in seventh grade. And I would absolutely never make someone choose between a boyfriend and me but I did what she asked me to in a very tough situation. I extended myself beyond when he hurt her and now I'm the bad guy because I helped.
Again, I would be doubtful to call this person a friend.
Chances are she will do the same thing again.
You have SP you try to be extra nice to people (I know, I have done this)
and people you call "friends" could just take advantage of it.
This could be any early signal. Be careful.