If you have nothing nice to say...

nicole1

I understand this completely. I always have. I've always been the nice person to hold my tongue unless it was something that a person wanted to hear or to know. Who am I to judge or to speak down on what they want to do in life?

Earlier today, a member of this forum pretty much said that I had no right to do something. I've been planning and moving towards accomplishing this. I heard so many positive things about what I was doing and I was careful not to bring it up to too many people. People can either be negative or positive with their words, so from experience, I've found it better to be careful with people I share things with.

When I got a negative response from someone, even though I only slightly mentioned it, I was a bit mad. I don't like rude people at all. I'm so nice and I've always been on the other end of someone's negativity, and I don't understand.

I've recently accomplished a lot of things I never though I could, and there's more to come. It seems that even the tiniest bit of negativity sets me back and implants loads of self-doubt in my mind.

Now, I rather just not talk to some people or reveal any plans I have. Rudeness is just something I can't tolerate too well, and so far, I've done pretty well in distancing myself from people who are like that.

I said a lot more than needed to be said. The point I wish to make is if you can't say anything nice, just shut up. Please. You'll likely do more harm than good. Your comments are not necessary or helpful.

greggy

I understand this completely. I always have. I've always been the nice person to hold my tongue unless it was something that a person wanted to hear or to know. Who am I to judge or to speak down on what they want to do in life?

Earlier today, a member of this forum pretty much said that I had no right to do something. I've been planning and moving towards accomplishing this. I heard so many positive things about what I was doing and I was careful not to bring it up to too many people. People can either be negative or positive with their words, so from experience, I've found it better to be careful with people I share things with.

When I got a negative response from someone, even though I only slightly mentioned it, I was a bit mad. I don't like rude people at all. I'm so nice and I've always been on the other end of someone's negativity, and I don't understand.

I've recently accomplished a lot of things I never though I could, and there's more to come. It seems that even the tiniest bit of negativity sets me back and implants loads of self-doubt in my mind.

Now, I rather just not talk to some people or reveal any plans I have. Rudeness is just something I can't tolerate too well, and so far, I've done pretty well in distancing myself from people who are like that.

I said a lot more than needed to be said. The point I wish to make is if you can't say anything nice, just shut up. Please. You'll likely do more harm than good. Your comments are not necessary or helpful.

What I'v found personal is whenever people are condered, there is always one that wants to be negative, or try to bring you down, the key is to rase above it, but as with more sufferes or SA they can't, they take it personally and aim it inwards.

But honestly don't let it stop you from doing anything that you want, and know that it's not you that's making them do that it's simply a game of numbers, Not everyone will have somthing possitive to say I recon if you went up to 5 people and told them something at least one will say something neative, you just need to ignore it.