I want to give him a gift for xmas

xnn

So there is this guy at work I can relate to. He is just like me. He avoid all social situations and don't talk to anyone. He usually replies if I ask him something, or say hi to him or bye when he leaves. Nobody else there seems to care or talk to either of us, so I don't feel so alone anymore. I enjoy working with him. He seems like a very nice person, and he is doing a great job.
I have also seen that he let's people threat him bad, even if he didnt do anything and get the blame. It's really painful to watch when that happens :sad:
I don't know anything about him, and it's hard to talk to him, since we both have social anxiety. And he always turns away or try to escape if he sees me coming. I also do that to others.
But I want to do something nice. I'm planning on giving him a present for xmas. Do you think that is a good idea?
I'm offcourse not expecting to get anything back. I don't even think he would say thanks. But I think he would be glad. I'm not expecting him to show his graditude in any way, that would be very weired if he did.
Actaully he has giving me the best gift I could get, without knowing it himself. That's how great it feels when we are working together.
My life really changed after meeting this person.

zharl

Well, if you don't know him well, it may be difficult to pick a good gift. Is this someone for whom you could get a Starbucks gift card or something? It's not much, but it shows that you're thinking of them. *shrugs*

Furthermore, something like a gift card shows that you care without putting them on the spot with some sort of personalized gift or something. Keeps it casual, you know what I mean?

LazyHermitCrab

Does he like chocolate? You could give him a chocolate shaped santa claus and say hope you have a good christmas or something.