I want to be a runner

kya

Hi, everyone. I'm 21 years old and have developed social anxiety pretty intensely over the last year. Its been hard for me to hold down a job and doing things like grocery shopping or going for a walk are really difficult for me. I get nervous and shakey and my self image becomes very bleak whenever I'm around others... I become passive and quiet and making friends is nearly impossible for me...

So... I'm looking for some support and to try to chat with like minded people. I'm not currently in therapy or treatment but I'm entertaining the idea... And I'm really just trying to build up the courage to start living my dreams and to stop thinking so much. I really want to start running!

Thank you for reading & I look forward to chatting with some of you. Xo.

Hoppy

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I do recommend the running bit. Have you decided on a program or are you going to make it up as you go?

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Hi Kya :)
Firstly I'd recommend getting into therapy ASAP. There's no point in letting SA manifest itself, you do need to take the fight on.

Exercise is great and can help relieve stress.
You are still young so don't let SA control and ruin your life. :thumbup:

Kiwong

Running is an easy sport to get into. Good for physical and mental health. I think it is the reward for effort I like most about it.

kya

I'm hopeful ill get over this but its a big struggle right now. Thanks for the motivation everyone, I appreciate it so much.