I thought she liked me but she has a boyfriend?!?!? Updated Old Post*

Rise Against

So i met this girl a couple weeks ago on facebook. She gave me her number and told me to text her... so i did. She asked me to go to a dance with her... Dancing was kind of awkward so i took her back to my dorm to play guitar hero and hang out. For some reason i was able to be myself around her and we laughed and had a good time. I invited her back over a couple nights later and we did the same thing... laugh, flirt, and have a good time. She would start texting conversations with me every day... all day. She transferred into my math class so she could be with me and would always save me a seat by her and she would always wait for me after class so we could walk together... She even lets me borrow her book so we can do homework together. I play football for my college... She was talking about how she felt bad that she couldnt go to my football game because she had to work... even though im red shirting and wasnt going to play.

Feeling confident and positive that she liked me i asked her on a date, and she said yes without hesitation. For 3 days she started making excuses on why she couldnt go on the dates... she always said that she was sorry, and wanted to reschedule because she really wanted to hang out with me.

Well tonight she came over and hung out with me for a while... I looked at her facebook page after she left and finally figured it out... she already has a boyfriend! I felt bad, sorry, confused, relieved, and happy at the same time.

My question is... Why didnt she just tell me??? I emailed her and asked her why... i feel bad but at the same time, it wasnt my fault... i mean she was the one who asked me to a dance. Im guessing her BF lives far a way cause ive never seen her with another guy... WTF?

divethruhaze

he posted the same thing in 2 other threads, dunno what he means by it lol

and yeah you summarized your story well... WTF?
i dunno what to think of it either

shybhoy

Dude, don't get involved ! people are creatures of habit especially when it comes to relationships, i agree with jamie99 she was probably trying to break up with the boyfriend and you were the rebound to cushion the hurt and loss or her next victim because believe me mate girls like this use you and she will make you feel like a victim...i know i have been there...

206Raider

forget about that bytch

actually don't lsiten to me, I'm drunk

but she sounds like she's building you up to break you down bad

Rise Against

I asked her why she didnt tell me... and it sounded like she was embarrassed about her BF... sorry about 2 posts but idk.... i updated it.

cannotbefound

She is coward..and a big one.
My advice-Its better to Leave now or she will just keep messing with your head.no more e mails or questions.let her rot...its her loss anyways.

shybhoy

I asked her why she didnt tell me... and it sounded like she was embarrassed about her BF... sorry about 2 posts but idk.... i updated it.

Those words dude should be enough proof for you mate she sounds very manipulative and very shallow. You're worth a girl a million times better mate ! ;)

doesit

dude wtf youre asking people on internet about some girl and why shy did it to you,you could easily ask her face to face why she was playing with you,instead trying to figure it out on internet.

shybhoy

dude wtf youre asking people on internet about some girl and why shy did it to you,you could easily ask her face to face why she was playing with you,instead trying to figure it out on internet.

That's a little unfair dude, he was only asking for some advice. And its not always easy to get a girl to talk face to face a lot of girls find that intimidating dude, you gotta be tactful or play her at her own game.

Remus

Staff member
I'm sure many SA people have little relationship experience and do need to ask

Rise Against

Dude i will... ive already called her about it this morning. I wrote this in the middle of the night.

Idk, i dont think she is shallow. This is what i think happened... She asked me to go to the dance/party because it was during freshman orientation, and i was the only person she had talked to and knew. Then we became friends. She is really nice so I dont think she wanted to hurt me by rejecting me... but idk... i could be wrong.

shybhoy

Dude i will... ive already called her about it this morning. I wrote this in the middle of the night.

Idk, i dont think she is shallow. This is what i think happened... She asked me to go to the dance/party because it was during freshman orientation, and i was the only person she had talked to and knew. Then we became friends. She is really nice so I dont think she wanted to hurt me by rejecting me... but idk... i could be wrong.

im sorry dude, you're right, you know her and i know nothing of her, she may even have issues herself who knows...but what i will say is be careful. There is someone else on the scene dude and if you feel for her then go for it...you need to talk to her about all this dude. Because it has the potential to get very messy. If you feel for someone then you feel for someone but just don't let her take advantage of your good nature. Listen to her if she opens up and take it from there small steps but remember she could of been seeing this other guy for a long time and a lot of women test themselves by trying out someone else to see how much they love someone its a kinda "I can't live without him test" trust me dude i have seen it happen to friends both on the good side and the bad. I'm not saying shes doing that but you must question why she never told you about this other guy man. talk to her and hope she talks to you back dude. :)

I am a caring person and i have met girls who have done this too me in the past, totally screwed with my good nature and my head, for someone who is shy i do get attention i dunno why but i do off of girls. You seem like a good guy too mate just be careful. Good Luck :)

Oh...and there is a chance she might be doing this to make her boyfriend jealous dude, its how girls get attention and confirmation that a guy they like really cares about em...

Last edited:

jamez

I hate girls like this...who, are looking for another branch to swing to while still with their BF. Be straight up with her, since she might be playing games or doesn't know WTF she is doing.

Rise Against

im sorry dude, you're right, you know her and i know nothing of her, she may even have issues herself who knows...but what i will say is be careful. There is someone else on the scene dude and if you feel for her then go for it...you need to talk to her about all this dude. Because it has the potential to get very messy. If you feel for someone then you feel for someone but just don't let her take advantage of your good nature. Listen to her if she opens up and take it from there small steps but remember she could of been seeing this other guy for a long time and a lot of women test themselves by trying out someone else to see how much they love someone its a kinda "I can't live without him test" trust me dude i have seen it happen to friends both on the good side and the bad. I'm not saying shes doing that but you must question why she never told you about this other guy man. talk to her and hope she talks to you back dude. :)

I am a caring person and i have met girls who have done this too me in the past, totally screwed with my good nature and my head, for someone who is shy i do get attention i dunno why but i do off of girls. You seem like a good guy too mate just be careful. Good Luck :)

Thanks... that really is good advice, and you sound a lot like me.

NormanBates

Dance and hang out in your dorm room? Sounds like yall already went on a date before scheduling a date. I think sometimes declaring dates puts pressure on it. Maybe yall should've just kept hanging out but never formally declare it.