I really need support.

anomicdeer

I would love support but I can also understand if it's against me since apparently I'm the problem.

Does anyone here know of some reasons (from experience, not Google) why a child may have a developmental delay. I'm just really sic of my mother assuming that I don't talk to my child. My son was lead poisoned and even almost had to get treatment (he would have if I didn't move). Lead poisoning effected him so much that he has signs of autism so I have him being evaluated. He's in the Infant and Toddler program right now.

My mother is really ignorant of that fact. She keeps saying that it's because I didn't talk to him. Well the thing is I don't even say much to her and I don't like to and I don't like talking around her and I don't like being around her so to her I don't talk at all. She didn't even live with me at all or was around most of the time I had my son so far but she assume I and his dad didn't talk to him. I hate that she thinks this way as if there was no other way he could have been this way. Of course it pisses me off like how no one understands us with SA, I don't know anyone who child has a delay or is autistic so of course people will look at it as if it's because MY child is slow because I never talk to him. While all the other children are wild, bad, and cursing. Even then I have a nephew and my nephews bother, and people apparently thought they were late at talking but they have no kind of delay and their parents aren't quiet at all.

But of course because my child happen to be lead poisoned and possibly autistic, I'm the reason why...

Last edited:

FragileJem

number one, stop listening to your mother,it's your kid,number two, in the case of lead poisoning autism and p.d.d are listed as things to be considered. try a few deep breaths, slow things down a small bit for U. Take care

anomicdeer

I guess my most worry shouldn't be my SA, it's the fact that I'm just stupid. Why would I have a child?

It's too damn late now...

Sammie_Kay

Your mom is bring very negative vibes in to your life. Having a kid with autism,lead poisoning,or anything else is very stressful for the parents. I have a family member who sounds like your mom. I read a book called Vernal and Emotional Abuse/ Victory over Vernal and Emotional by June Hunt. It helped me a lot. Good Luck! You are not stupid. You are a parent and every day you can make your self better. I have faith!

Remus

Staff member
My youngest is speech delayed but advanced in other ways, kids can vary, it's probably too soon to say. They usually assess them at school in the UK at 5 years old and allocate special tutors so they can catch up with the rest of the class. If he's not showing development in other areas, then maybe see your GP about it. Ignore the blame game as that helps no one.

Last edited: